Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By kimosword
VATICAN CITY (CNN) -- Pope John Paul II's breathing is becoming shallow and several of his major organs -- including his kidneys and heart -- are growing weaker, the Vatican said Friday.

"The general conditions and cardio-respiratory conditions of the Holy Father have further worsened. A gradual worsening arterial hypotension has been noted, and breathing has become shallow," the Vatican press office said.

"The clinical picture indicates cardio-circulatory and renal insufficiency. The biological parameters are notably compromised. The Holy Father, with visible participation, is joining the continual prayers of those assisting him."

Vatican spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls said earlier that the pope was in "very serious condition" Friday afternoon, but he is "lucid, fully conscious" and "very serene."

Navarro-Valls also said earlier that the pope's blood pressure was "unstable" and that he "... asked for the Holy Scriptures to be read to him."

The pope had a number of visitors Friday, including the Vatican's secretary of state and several cardinals. Navarro-Valls said the pope celebrated a Mass and remembered that today was Friday, the day he traditionally follows the ritual of the Stations of the Cross and he meditated on that ritual.
By rockin_jb_ranch
Has anyone else heard through the apparitions that this pope will be the last? and is this the start of the warning, mary told the visionaries?
By Patty Cowan
I had heard a long time ago that according to prophecy we have 2 more popes after Pope John Paul, II. Then today I see the post on St. Malachy, I had never seen that before. I guess we'll see. I don't know if it's the beginning of the warning as no secrets have been given yet. I do know, since there are no coincidences, it ties in with the Divine Mercy Novena being said from Good Friday to Divine Mercy Sunday (4/3/05) that our Pope had so much to do with the institution of. He was bishop at the time of St. Faustina's writings being reviewed. They were trying to disprove them and he stopped it. He also declared (I think) in the year 2000 the celebration of the feast of Divine Mercy to be done on the Sunday following Easter each year. I think it shows the kind of wonderful man he is that all over the world people from all faiths are contacting the Vatican to tell them they are praying for our Pope. That he is a "man of peace". He truly crossed all lines of politics and faiths with his messages.
Patty
By Sandyemig
The visionaries from Garbandal, Spain have predicted this our last Pope, as told by Our Blessed Mother.
By Covenant
Pay no attention to Garabandal: its other prophesies also came to nothing. (see post on Garabandal)

This is not the last pope: there is much to be accomplished before the end of the world, including the conversion of the Jews, the Medjugorje Secrets etc and whenever a pope dies we elect another. There will be popes until the return of Jesus Christ, and that shouldn't be expected until at least a few more decades.