Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By beloved
Message, 25. February 2017

“Dear children! Today I am calling you to profoundly live your faith and to implore the Most High to strengthen it, so that winds and storms cannot break it. May the roots of your faith be prayer and hope in eternal life. Already now, little children, work on yourselves in this time of grace, wherein God is giving you the grace – through renunciation and the call to conversion – to be people of clear and persevering faith and hope. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
By ActionReq
May the roots of your faith be prayer and hope in eternal life.
The Friday before last week, I was discussing
with a theologian priest about hope. While I
had used hope in a text that I had written in
the sense of what we feel what hope is. Like
the longing that something will happen. Be it
like in the phrase: "I hope my bid on that
house is the winning bid". Because I need
that house for my family, and not live
in the street.
Says the theologian: No that is no hope.
Hope in the catholic tradition is the longing
for the kingdom of God only. I kind of
thought about it and dismissed it as the
significance of the word so to me it seems,
is being reduced by that interpretation.
Now one week later I will have to reconsider
this again.
Catechism 1817 wrote:Hope is the theological virtue by which we desire the kingdom of heaven and eternal life as our happiness, placing our trust in Christ's promises and relying not on our own strength, but on the help of the grace of the Holy Spirit. "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. The Holy Spirit . . . he poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that we might be justified by his grace and become heirs in hope of eternal life.
By Maryh
Thanks Actionreq,
This has helped me understand a question I had, in relation to understanding what an 'eternal perspective' means.
ActionReq wrote:Hope in the catholic tradition is the longing for the kingdom of God only.
I think if we only had eyes for Gods' kingdom, our lives and motivations would be drastically altered from what it is now perhaps.

Different rules apply when it comes to Gods kingdom.