Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

So the end of the world isn’t nigh after all, if we are of mind to accept what Our Lady has said in her latest message to the world via Marija this month (March 25).

She speaks about descendents – “your descendants” – that’s those who live after we die. :)

So all the spooky stuff associated with the so-called Medjugorje “secrets”, all the fear-mongering, scary prophecies that some push and peddle on the internet can, at last, be discarded, and as Our Lady says, we can “begin a new life through prayer, penance and a decision for holiness.” We have no need to be frozen by fear as a rabbit caught in headlights, and then try to push our own fears onto others. We live in a TIME OF GRACE. Grace is a gift from God.

And it seems that Our Lady is going to be around for sometime yet to share the grace she is full of, the grace, as she says, given to her to share with us and our DESCENDANTS.

GRACE DESCENDS FROM ABOVE... to us and our DESCENDANTS. We can help share that grace, God’s mercy. That way we bear fruit. That’s what happens at Medjugorje.

It’s wonderful to know that God’s grace will continue to flow long after we have left this world. :)
Dear children! In this time of grace, I am calling all of you to open your hearts to God’s mercy, to begin a new life through prayer, penance and a decision for holiness.

This time of spring moves you to a new life, to a renewal, in your thoughts and hearts.

Therefore, little children, I am with you to help you to say ‘yes’ to God and to God’s commandments with resoluteness.

You are not alone; I am with you through the grace which the Most High gives me for you and your descendants.

Thank you for having responded to my call.
Good points BC although last night while driving home through the Desert Southwest, I ran into a beautiful cloud hugging a distant mountain range.
In person it looked like an angel about to sound off the second coming of Christ or a replication of the Annunciation with the Angel Gabriel and Mary. The second coming thought wasn't fearful but rather, one that brought comfort to my mind. The end after all is really just the beginning for Christians... Another reason to help those, including myself at times, to come to know our Lord so we can replace fear with peace, joy, and love.
Attachments
angel in desert mf.jpg
angel in desert mf.jpg (163.12 KiB) Viewed 8534 times
When he gives his testimony, visionary Ivan Dragicevic often says that Our Lady doesn't talk about the end of the world, in Medjugorje.

For instance, he said it at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on February 11, 2010.
:wink:
Last edited by chere-gospa on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Breaking news... Bernard Gallagher (aka bleuscross) prominent Mejdugorje blogger scolds Mirjana for writing biography, laments talk of secrets and her doom and gloom talk of March 18.
Suggests Medjugorje secrets may not even exist. Calls into question their validity by describing them as "so-called"

Bernard I have learned over the years there is no dialog with you so maybe this point is for other readers.
Medjugorje is the fulfillment of Fatima. Fatima is about prayer penance and secrets. Fatima's secrets and prophecies were about chastisements, "errors" annihilation of nations "great wars" etc. What followed Fatima was the greatest violence against humanity in the history of the world, the Russian revolution, the persecution of Christians WWII Nazi Germany, Communist atheism.
Medjugorje is attached to secrets. That is just a fact

Lastly I get the sense you were trolling me and I took the bait unfortunately
Last edited by ministryvalues on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breaking news... Bernard Gallagher (aka bleuscross) prominent Mejdugorje blogger scolds Mirjana for writing biography, laments talk of secrets and her doom and gloom talk of March 18.
Suggests Medjugorje secrets may not even exist. Calls into question their validity by describing them as "so-called" and ""alledged"
Fake news, Steve? Should I be surprised?

And when have I referred to the so-called ‘secrets’ as ‘alledged’?

The secrets are referred to as so-called because we don’t know what they are. When we know what they are, shall we still call them ‘secrets’.

I don’t troll, Steve, the number of websites I visit each day is a handful – and yours is not one of them. :)

Have you been to Medjugorje yet?
The name is Bluecross, Steve. Try and respect the forum rules. Not the first time you’ve attempted to rock the boat in this way. We both know why you do this.

I wasn’t arguing, Steve, just correcting a fake news story you were attempting to peddle.

Have you found any mention by me on the forum referring to the secrets as ‘alleged’. If not, maybe you would consider doing me the courtesy of removing the allegation.

And you didn’t respond to my question asking if you had been to Medjugorje yet?

Should I take your silence on this as a ‘no’?
You described the secrets as "so-called" I would swear I saw in your post that you also reffered to the secrets as "alledged" Maybe you edited it out or maybe I read it wrong.

It still leaves you with descibing the secrets as "so-called". if you want to argue what "so-called" means you can do so with the rocks on the hill. Its like Bill Clinton arguing about what the definition of "Is" is.

"The name is Bluecross, steve" Not sure why you use my name as you scold me for using yours..And I have no idea what you mean by "You know why you do this". I really don't know what you are talking about.

It does not bother me at all if my name is used by the way. I think many interent sites, particularly Facebook's protocal demand that real names are used.

No, I have never been to Medjugorje, I dont have the money to get there...
Steve, it seems to me you are in denial. You accuse me of saying something and then you can’t find the evidence.

So are you going to withdraw the accusation?

And tell me this, what do you call the ‘secrets’ that the visionaries have revealed parts of? Half-secrets, part-secrets, or just secrets? You see how easy it is to become pedantic about these things.

Because I choose to refer to the ‘secrets’ as ‘so-called’, it doesn’t have to be seen as I don’t believe that there are ‘secrets’, or part ‘secrets’.

You have signed your posts in the past as Steve. You have a short memory when you can’t remember the last time you were pulled up about revealing my identity on the forum. But I accept that memory can fail us. Mine does frequently. I’m not on FB.

So how much does it cost for a pilgrimage to Medjugorje from where you live?
The Fatima Secrets have been revealed... we still call them secrets ..I do not get your point. It seems like you still are arguing about the definition of "is"

so-called
ˈsō ˈˌkôld/
adjective synonyms: inappropriately named, supposed, alleged, presumed, ostensible, reputed; More
used to express one's view that a name or term is inappropriate.
"she could trust him more than any of her so-called friends"

What is your interest in me getting to Medjugorje ...One's faith is a pretty much a private matter. I feel I go to Medjugorje everyday.. If you think it makes me an unreliable witness then there is nothing I can do about how you are going to think about that.

If you want to sponsor me to Medjugorje you can help here

http://www.mysticpost.com/donations/
Steve, why are you so reluctant to withdraw the obvious fake news story that puts words into my mouth?

I ask you again, for a final time, to remove your nasty fake news story. To help you decide you might want to ask Our Lady which is the more pleasing thing for her: to keep the false story on line, or remove it.

As to asking if you have ever been to Medjugorje, I disagree that one’s faith is a private matter. I used to think that it was before I went to Medjugorje and experienced a change of heart. You proclaim your faith via your website, so do I. It’s not private. We are called to give witness.

But your witness on this thread is a false witness.

I never donate to Medjugorje sites asking for money.
I stand by what I wrote.. I deleted the word "alledged "(i do think it was there) but I stand by my post ..

Your post which started this thread is typical of your work. You make grand accusatory statements about things that trouble you without offering sources. You rarely link to your sources in any of your post on your websites as is the case on this thread. Mystic Post writes about the secrets frequently. In fact if you can point to me your sources of "fearmonering" sites "promoting" medjugorje end times I would like to know. I,m out there a lot and I have no idea who you are reffering to .. My sources for what you call "fearmongering" are almost enirely from Mirjana's new biography. What are your sources?
So be it, Steve. You obviously took my post personally when it wasn’t intended.

As I indicated, you site is of no interest to me – it’s not on my daily list of visits –, nor your book of fiction, nor Mirjana’s book, both of which I have never read.

But if you choose to class yourself among those who peddle doom and gloom, then that’s your choice as well. You have your own reasons for doing so. If you don’t put yourself in the class of doom and gloom prophets then there was no reason to post the fake news about myself.

By the way, if you read my original post you will see that I made no mention of “fearmongering sites promoting Medjugorje end-times”. This is just yet another example of you putting words into my mouth.

But as I said earlier: Should I be surprised?

Thank you for removing the word ‘alleged’. I was hoping for a more positive response, but I’m grateful for your first step in putting the matter right.
I dont choose to "peddle" fearmongering it's how you describe what I do.

you write
So all the spooky stuff associated with the so-called Medjugorje “secrets”, all the fear-mongering, scary prophecies that some push and peddle on the internet...
Then you write
By the way, if you read my original post you will see that I made no mention of “fearmongering sites promoting Medjugorje end-times”.
As John McEnroe once said "You can't be serious."
For a long time, I have stressed the importance of understanding Medjugorje by first knowing all about Fatima. Our Lady's most specific message on Aug 25, 1991 was that Medjugorje is the continuation and fulfillment of Fatima. This point can not be spoken about enough. The important thing to remember is the world did not end but the human tragedy predicted by the Fatima prophecies is unmatched in world history. Furthermore, as Sister Lucia said the prophecy and messages of Fatima were about the evils of atheism.

1917-2017 Fatima Countdown: Powerful Truth Behind Fatima Prophecy: When Satan Attacked Christianity (please watch the short video)

http://www.mysticpost.com/2017/02/1917- ... istianity/

This is what Medjugorje is warning about. Our Lady is warning about the danger of the world turning away from God particularly in the 'West" The world is not going to end but that does not preclude epic upheavals ahead. Ivan has spoken about man turning away from God on many occasions.
I don’t disagree that Our Lady warns against the power of evil, against Satan. She did so specifically during the build up to the Bosnian War which broke out just eight months after the Fatima message. So were her messages being directed at the people of Bosnia Herzegovina rather than the world in general?

There are continuous wars throughout the world, none more so than the war against the unborn, but does she speak about these innocents every month. No. But she does direct us to the ongoing challenge of war in our own hearts, when we refuse to listen or respond to the appeal of others to make matters right even when asked to do so several times. She calls for conversion of hearts. Our own specifically. About this she is most specific. If we want to isolate specifics then the messages of daily conversion are the most explicit.

I’m not excluded from this temptation to harden my heart at times, but before we rush out to warn the world of the disasters we anticipate, please let us first address the war in out own hearts and the pain we cause others with our words, misquotes, untruths, distortions and even lies. In my book that can be a lifetime’s work.

There can be no greater danger, not just to the world, but to our own soul, than the upheaval in our own heart. If we choose to deny this or are unwilling to open our hearts to God’s mercy and so move forward and not be entrenched in a narrow view or understanding then we can, as Our Lady says, use the opportunity to move to a new life, a new understanding, an understanding that is gifted by the Holy Spirit, and so be prepared to say ‘yes’ rather than ‘no’.

There are many who say “I believe in God” but their actions do not always back up their statement of faith – myself included. Belief is not about words or warnings. It’s about saying “yes to God and God’s commandments with resoluteness”.

Now I have to extend my forgiveness to all who I may feel have offended me this day. I really don’t want anything to be held against anyone on my account. I go through this process every night as I look back on the day. It has become a nightly prayer for me. I also have to go through the book and check the list of my own sins against others during the day.

I hold nothing against you personally, Steve. It’s just that I hate the lie and not the person, and I don’t like to see the person scarred in this way when their heart is closed to putting matters right. You probably see it differently, but maybe you can both pray about the situation and be given a better understanding of ourselves, each other, and our actions.

Peace
To get back to BlueCross's original point about the end of the world. Our Lady has said '...My eyes and my ears will be here, when I no longer appear?". Denis Nolan has used this one on some of his articles. This to me helps to explain the "I will no longer appear in this way".
I see no evidence of Mirjana being scolded.
Cheers
Leo.
The statement 'your descendants'; i don't know but it could just refer to your children or grandchildren.
Could just refer to like 2nd or 3rd generation.
Any of us can die at any age.

Sometimes i feel like the focus on secrets as punishments- i feel like it's a direct opposite to the gospel.
I honestly HATE when i hear that God is going to 'chastise' the earth or remove his hand of protection. This kind of thing.
Is the bible a lie? God is 'slow to anger' 'rich in mercy', that his plans are to prosper us, not to ruin us'. God doesn't break the bruised reed; He forgives perfectly & expects the same of us. Its total cognitive dissonance to then turn around and say God is going to smite us all.
If we view God as a punishing God, then we in turn will want to punish. Unbelievers will then look at us punishing Christians and think that God must be the same way. This terrifies me; that as a Christian; my example will be put under scrutiny like this.
I'm certainly no angel.
It's us that makes each other suffer; So when i hear of the secrets; i believe they're more to do with humankind unleashing our own kind of hell upon one another. Or destroying the earth or making mistakes of some kind or just being totally misguided. Wanting to live a life without God. God's nature is supposed to be love after-all. A consistent and unconditional action that never changes.
I do think that our life's can have super desolate 'end of the world' moments where all seems lost. Its the end of the world for refugees who must leave all they have and all they know. Its the end of the world when you lose somebody you love. When you thought the world of them.
Life can seem so changed that it no longer feels like home any more. Total devastation.
But i think Our Lady's last message was full of hope overall, that God's promises and grace is bigger than all our troubles.
I really like how she says to make a 'decision for holiness' and to 'say yes to God's commandments' with resoluteness.
I think that when we just accept the right way; no matter how hard that may be; a lot of peace comes with that.

Steve: I recently watched a short documentary about an orthodox christian family in Russia!
The story was how Putin was really promoting large families, together with Godly values and nationalism.
In the programme there was a contrast between the religious family and then a woman who took to looking after
so so many abandoned kids. It was super interesting as i know absolutely nothing really about Russia. There were some references of how Russia approves of Trump but in general frowned upon the western liberal way of life.
When i look at those big austere buildings; it seems nothing short of a miracle that any christian faith survived there at all.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unre ... /65524-002
(You have to register to view but it shouldn't take long! )
What is society?
What is the world?
What is the earth?
What is the planet we live on?
What is the universe?

Is the world, the worldly?
What is the end of the world??
What is the end of the world as we know it?
So ye know what is the end of the world,
when ye know what is the world.

urbi et orbi. To the city and to the world.

Is the pope talking to the earth?
or to the planet?
or to the people?

What is the world?

1 Peter 4:7 The end of all things is nigh.

The end of the world is nigh!
It is.

From the cloud of unknowing:
I say not that it shall ever last and dwell in all their minds continually, that be called to work
in this work. Nay, so is it not. For from a young ghostly prentice in this work, the actual feeling
thereof is ofttimes withdrawn for divers reasons. Sometime, for he shall not take over presumptuously
thereupon, and ween that it be in great part in his own power to have it when him list, and as him
list. And such a weening were pride. And evermore when the feeling of grace is withdrawn, pride
is the cause: not ever pride that is, but pride that should be, were it not that this feeling of grace
were withdrawn. And thus ween ofttimes some young fools, that God is their enemy; when He is
their full friend.
So say to yourself: The end of the world is nigh.
And feel your inner.
Is the feeling of grace withdrawn?
So if not so, is Grace maybe magnified?
So then if it is magnified:
Is the end of the world nigh?

So you know (the secrets through grace).
Dear All,

The Blessed Mother would not be encouraging bickering over "Secrets" but rather on the 5 Stones of Medjugorge! I am sorry that some disagreements over philosophy, beliefs and in terpretations of Medjugorje divide us rather than unit and encourage faith and prayer.

Respectfully,
Love in Christ
MRSTOL
AR... just seen this on the Pope’s Twitter account:

Quote:
If we learn to read everything in the light of the Holy Spirit, we realize that everything is grace!
Yes this is the Jesuit way of thinking.
Once a Jesuit, always a Jesuit.
Should read into St Ignatius
from Loyola.