Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

“Dear children, I am calling you to pray, not to ask for but to offer sacrifice – sacrificing yourselves. I am calling you to reveal the truth and merciful love. I am praying to my Son for you, for your faith which is all the more diminishing in your hearts. I am imploring Him to help you with the divine spirit, as I also desire to help you with my motherly spirit. My children, you must be better. Only those who are pure, humble and filled with love sustain the world – they are saving themselves and the world. My children, my Son is the heart of the world. He should be loved and prayed to, and not always betrayed anew. Therefore, you, apostles of my love, spread the faith in the hearts of people by your example, your prayer and merciful love. I am beside you, I will help you. Pray for your shepherds to have all the more light, so as to be able to illuminate all those who live in darkness. Thank you.”
Is this really Our Lady speaking?

A lot of doubt these days in my heart about the ‘messages’ given to Mirjana, I must confess. :(

Maybe I’m one of those people she refers to as having diminished faith in their heart.

Maybe I’m just not cut out to save myself or the world.

I was never one for the carrot and stick approach.
Here is some info. that the Alabama group has compiled about what the seers have said about the sign
Vicka, during an interview by Fr. Janko Bubalo:

Janko: “Tell me where the Virgin will give that sign.

Vicka: “On Podbrdo. At the sight of the first apparitions.

Janko: “Will the sign be in the Heavens or on earth?

Vicka: “On earth.

Janko: “Will it appear spontaneously, or will it gradually appear?

Vicka: “Spontaneously.

Janko: “Will everyone be able to see it?

Vicka: “Whoever comes here will.

Janko: “Will the sign be temporary, or will it be permanent?

Vicka: “Permanent.

Janko: “Will the sign be able to be destroyed by anyone?

Vicka: “By no one.

Janko: “You think that or…

Vicka: “The Virgin said so.

Janko: “Do you know exactly what the sign will be?

Vicka: “Exactly!

Janko: “Do you know when the Virgin will make it evident to the rest of us?

Vicka: “I know that also.

Janko: “And why is the Virgin leaving the sign here?

Vicka: “Why to show the people that She is here among us…I’ll just say this: whoever does not believe without a sign will not believe with a sign. And, I’ll tell you this too: woe to him who delays his conversion, waiting for the sign. I once told you that many would come, and perhaps, even kneel before the sign, but will, nonetheless, not believe. Be happy that you are not among them!”
The following is part of Padre Livio’s interview with Vicka on January 2, 2008 on Radio Maria:

Question: “I was really struck by what the Madonna said about the third secret, which concerns the sign on the mountain. You seers said that it will be a visible sign, an indestructible sign that comes from God. However, She also added, ‘Hurry and convert yourselves. When the promised sign on the hill will be given, it will be too late.’ Another time, She also said, ‘And even after I’ve left this sign on the hill which I have promised to you, many will not believe. They will come to the hill, they will kneel, but they won’t believe.’ Why is it, in your opinion, that people will see the sign, but they won’t convert?

Vicka: “The third secret is about a sign that She will leave here [Medjugorje] on the Mountain of the Apparitions. This sign will remain forever. It is given above all for those people who are still far away from God. The Madonna wishes to give these people who will see the sign a chance to believe in God. I was able to see this sign.

Question: “You have already seen the sign?

Vicka: “Yes, I saw it in a vision.

Question: “Jakov once said, in an interview with Radio Maria, that in order to see the sign it will be necessary to come here to Medjugorje, is that true?
alt

Podbrdo, also known as Apparition Mountain. This sign marks the beginning of the trail that leads to the base of Apparition Mountain.

Vicka: “Yes, it’s true. The sign will remain on Podbrdo, and one will have to come here to see it. This sign will be indestructible and will remain in that place forever. I want to say about those people who will see it and not believe, the Madonna leaves everyone free to believe or not, but those are ones whose hearts are too closed. It’s the same thing as the Madonna said to us, ‘If one wants to go to Heaven, he will go to Heaven. If one wants to go to hell, he will go to hell.’ Those people who are far away from God and do not want to believe, they will not believe in the sign. For those who do not know God, but have good intentions and a desire to love, they will be benefitted by the sign. But I think that those who do everything against God, they will run away from the sign. They will not believe.

Question: “So, this is a time of grace. This is the time of conversion. The Madonna said, ‘Don’t wait for the sign in order to convert yourselves.’ So why leave a sign like some last extreme help: is it in order to move the Church to recognize the apparitions as authentic?

Vicka: “Yes, certainly it will be for the Church, so that they will have no doubt that the Madonna had been among us, and it is also for those who are still far away from God. So the Madonna is thinking about both groups of people, and then it is up to us how to be ready to respond to Her call through the sign. Everyone who comes, who will see, you know, you can say, ‘I don’t believe it’ and that is your personal idea, that’s what you believe, but that the Madonna is here, that She is present, that She leaves this sign, a sign that no man can make; it is something only God can make and so nobody will be able say that it is a small thing or something else. This arrives in such a way that they won’t have words to say what it is.Question: “So, in essence, the discourse is this: the Madonna urges us to convert. She tells us not to wait for the sign on the mountain in order to convert, and in any event, ‘all the secrets that I have confided will be realized and also the visible sign will be made manifest. When the sign comes, for many it will already be too late.’ What does that mean?

Vicka: “The Madonna did not explain why it will be too late and I did not ask, She only said that we are now living in a time of grace.

Question: “So, it is important to convert before the sign is made manifest?

Vicka: “Every day the Madonna calls us to conversion, to the conversion of our hearts, you understand? And 27 and a half years later the Madonna is still among us and our hearts are still too closed, too distant. I don’t know. I don’t know what it could be, but ‘too late’ seems right.”

There is more to this article but linking to the website is not allowed on this forum...Hint...Medjugorje.c o m / 10 secrets /the lasting sign
It is normal to question whether what has been told to us is true or not. I'm glad you take comfort in the psalms. They are awesome.
Is this really Our Lady speaking?
Let's presume yes.

Now I will try to explain.
It appears to me that not
so many people listen to me
most of the time, however
I will try another time now.

Take for example the phrase:
I will rescue all who cling to me.
I protect whoever knows my name,
This is a contract.
It sounds poetically great.
But it is still a kind of contract.
God promises:
I will rescue you. I protect you.
Always nice to know our
part of the contract:

You must cling to Him.
You must know His name.

For easier understanding I will reword.
It really says in ugly terminology.
I will not rescue all who are
distant from me.
I will drop whosoever knows
my name not.

Now my thesis is:
Do we know what is "cling to God"?
Do we know His name?
Do we know what "Merciful love is"?

My guess is that we are high in
our ivory tower thinking we do
know. All the things I hear here
about love and mercy we always
knew. However they sound
selfish. Manipulative. At least
to me.
So what if we are wrong?
That is what I try to throw on
the table. Real love and Really
knowing the name of the Lord
works miracles. I do not see
the miracles abound. Do you?
Jesus said: I did not come to
save the righteous.. but sinners
to repentance..
Do you think the queen of the
heavens will come down to only
remind us what we already know?
Or maybe she wants to try to
reveal to us the real true
significance to what we already
think we know? Illuminating
our ignorance.
I know it is a choice.
The narrow gate should be
what you choose though.

Give food and tomorrow they will hunger again.
Give drinks and tomorrow they will thirst again.
The only thing that you stilled with your money
and your food are your conscience. For a while.
Is that love or is that egoism?

That sounds hard, but I hear this in the message.
Here is the video from yesterday's apparition. Just a couple of observations. It looks like Mirjana is in pain as she tries to knee down prior to the apparition. After the apparition, the pain resumes and it even looks like her back is spasming after Our Lady leaves. https://marytv.tv/?page_id=334 So pain before the apparition, absence of pain during the apparition and immediate resumption of pain after the apparition. Knowing back pain myself, I don't think it is something you can fake. It takes your breath away and kneeling is really hard.
This guy needs us. He needs
food. But not only food, he
needs somebody to help him
get on track. 9 months
and he is building houses.
Growing his own food.
Of course with somebody
sacrificing himself being
there with him for the next
nine months. I think that
is what I want to do when
I am pensioned.

Maybe he doesn't need math,
or know how to write. He needs
to learn how to do something
useful.

Most people do not even know
how to make mortar, or how
to tie an anti-sismic base or
how to plant the easiest of all
cassava.

With me around he will learn
that in no-time. I will make
him independent of myself in
stead of dependent on me.
And I will proclaim the good
news in the meanwhile.
Most people do not even know
how to make mortar, or how
to tie an anti-sismic base
I understand there is a law restricting the height of buildings in Medjugorje because of earth tremors.

I know people who saw the tabernacle in St James swaying during one tremor.

Currently working on an art project that takes in Aquila in Italy, devastated by an earthquake in 2009, the latest of many to hit the town over the centuries.
By Maryh
maryannlucy wrote:I am calling you to reveal the truth and merciful love.
This is the second time Our Lady has said about revealing the truth lately isn't it?

This message reminds me of what i once heard; how important it is to try to 'be' a blessing instead of always asking God to
'bless'.
It reminds me to use everything God has already given!
maryannlucy wrote: I am praying to my Son for you, for your faith which is all the more diminishing in your hearts.
Yep, this is true for me; my faith in the Catholic church & trust in my fellow Christians too has diminished & its having a knock on effect on my faith in general.
This story really bothers me; What is going on?
When i hear people wonder about the commission going to Medjugorje; I just doubt its credibility unfortunately. :?
https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0301/856373-marie-collins/
maryannlucy wrote:My children, you must be better.
ActionReq: Even though i don't always respond to your posts; i do listen to you and try to understand. I appreciate you.
Bluecross: Heart-breaking pictures. Is the starving man a Syrian Refugee?
They should be dropping aid supplies not bombs. What can be done?