Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

Just to clarify,
Pope Francis doesnt need to give an ex cathedra declaration for our obedience to be required. If he makes a decision as part of his ordinary magisterium that is not in a category invoking infallibilty, then the response we are requited to give is "religious submission of will and intellect." It also needs to be stated that the teaching of the Church is that all all decisions from the magisterium derive from Christ himself. If he gives a negative decision on Medjugorje, then that must be accepted. However, that doesnt necessarily mean its the end of it. Decisions of a disciplinary nature can be changed; they do not fall under the category of irreformable.
https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stag ... and-grief/
They can all be found here on this thread.
Not strangely:
There is no stage of post resurrectional joy.
The surprise news presented by Andrea Tornielli on the conclusions reached by the Medjugorje Commission has deflated the opposition somewhat. Yesterday they were all big fans of the Pope; today they are not so sure.

Certainly, critics of Medjugorje are reluctant to face up to the news that the Commission has shown favour to the early apparitions and continue pushing the line about Francis not believing in the ongoing apparitions.

But this is to be expected. Now we have to wait for what the Pope pronounces, but it seems fairly clear to me that the Vatican will step in and protect the ‘shrine’.

After that if the critics continue to throw stones, it won’t matter. They will soon tire of doing so.

Medjugorje has been written off several times over many years. But it is still standing. The critics huff and puff but they can’t blow the house down that is built on rock.

Now we know that where Our Lady appeared on Podbrdo on June 24, 1981, is truly a sacred place.

I see this declaration (if confirmed by Pope Francis) as the so-called permanent sign, which will witness to the world until the end of time.
Its amazing how naive Catholic press can be. They were duped...Pope Francis was being very shrewd by making fun of the apparitions (Our Lady is not a post office clerk) yet knowing full well what the conclusions were in the Ruini report. To use a popular phrase these days Pope Francis "Trolled" catholic media.

Pope Francis and the church had to create doubt about many of the aspects of the apparitions because of the "secrets" . Can you imagine if Pope Francis had said to the world "Yup its all true and we are now just waiting around for the secrets to unfold" .. It is impossible .. Yet he knows that the children - the visionaries - did not invent the Blessed Mother in the early days. He believes something happened which after years of intense investigation they can not find a worldly cause - hence it becomes "supernatural" in nature.. Pope Francis understands the skeptics have had 35 years to prove Medjugorje to be a hoax, a fraud, a scheme and they have come up with nothing. I think the Pope feels its a safe bet to attach a supernatural label to the very first days of the apparitions with out new discoveries appearing
There is need for caution though. Pope Francis may not agree with the commission findings. We need to remember that these facts about the commission's finding were known three years ago. Andrea Tornielli wrote about them then. I also spoke with Cardinal Dias in September 2012 and he confirmed the "positive" elements back then.
Interesting on several levels.
(1) Focus is given to the early apparitions. I asked Steve Shawl years ago why he took the messages prior to 1984 off the Medjugorje Web. He said it was that the parish had doubts about the credibility due to the notebook being stolen from the Parish by the authorities. The copy held by (a french priest?) has since been published and Steve has put the early ones back.
(2) Mirjana said the 18th would have special signifigance. That is tomorrow (Currently 1.32am Medjugorje time). Wonder if further announcement will be made then ?

I have a lot to read and ponder

Cheers
Leo.