Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Saileog
I don't think anyone is inherently wrong . It's all about interpretation. Here is mine:

God didn't create us because he was lonely. He already had his Son and the Holy Spirit and the Angels. God created us out of great love. He loved us even before he created us.

God is love (1 John 4:8), He created us because of that love so that we can enjoy what he has created. We are part of God's eternal plan which will be revealed to us when we die.

irish m wrote:I am starting to get confused who is right and who is wrong now
God Bless you
Love Irish M
Ps sorry I asked this Question should for stuck with my own thinking
By Prodigals
Saileog wrote:I don't think anyone is inherently wrong .
There are interpretations that can be wrong, Saileog.

An interpretation that says God created us because He was 'lonely' sounds lovely and touching, but it is incorrect. Such an interpretation denies the true nature of God in that it ascribes to Him an imperfection - a lack of something. A being who is lonely is imperfect. God is perfect - He lacks nothing. A being that exhibits this lack would not be God.

He didn't create us because He was lonely. You are correct in saying that God already had His Son and the Holy Spirit for all eternity. We know that because it says in Genesis 1:26, "Let us make man in our own image." Notice it says "our", indicating that God was not alone.

And it is not as if God created us because He needed us for something. It says in Acts 17:24-25 God made the world and everything in it "as if he needed anything".

You've stated it correctly when you say that God created us out of love. God created us to manifest the perfection of His perfect love, for the glory of God is man fully alive.

As you said, 'God is love'. God dosen't possess love in an unlimited way - God IS love itself. And the essence of love is a sharing of self, and so God shared Himself by creating us because He wanted to make His creatures share in His being and goodness.

Perfect love itself can do nothing less than this.
By irish m
well said Prodigals I wish I had the knowledge that some of yous have. Glad now I asked that Question I like to hear your
answers
God Bless you all
love Irish M
By ActionReq
An interpretation that says God created us because He was 'lonely' sounds lovely and touching, but it is incorrect. Such an interpretation denies the true nature of God in that it ascribes to Him an imperfection - a lack of something. A being who is lonely is imperfect. God is perfect - He lacks nothing. A being that exhibits this lack would not be God.
I am sorry, but a being
that lacks nothing is
inherently lacking
something. :)
What is lacking?
As you can see: He
created us and now
he is lacking nothing
thus showing us His
perfection.
He is lacking nothing
through our existence.