Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

Thanks everyone for the discussion. :)

Prodigals; Your point about loving others as the #1. is probably the most important thing to remember
because God is love and only when we love do we have a chance of knowing God or being close to him in anyway.

Thanks MaryAnnLucy for the advice for the bible study & that pastors explanation. I really need to do more bible study as i don't really know which passages
to take at face value.

I suppose when it comes to that one that confuses me; i still don't have any easy answer to it.

I feel like God answered my question in a way when i read this is my moments of peace from the psalms book:
"If you were a soldier, you wouldn't leave home without suiting up for war. You'd be sure you had your orders and all the equipment you needed to successfully engage the battles ahead.
Though you may not be a conventional warrior, you've got conflicts to face throughout the day- struggles you're not quite sure how to handle. You'll also have unforeseen skirmishes with others, and you'll wrestle with strategic situations that will require ingenuity, strength and wisdom.
That's why you should always start your day with God, and commit all its troubles to his hands. Remember that all your battles belong to him. As your commander, he'll always lead you safely to triumph"
So I'd need to trust God to handle these things that has me flummoxed. Really, its about really disliking conflict.

ActionReq: I agree with you too because God told us we're to love one another sincerely, and not to be a fake.
The notion that we can still choose to 'love' someone even though we may not even 'like' them is more to be
like responding to people instead of reacting to people.
It would involve self control sometimes not to act out our dislike of others.

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Rm 12:9

A priest once told me to pray that the love of God can reach perfection in me. :lol:
I told him he was being very idealistic but no, i think he was serious.
I suppose all we can do is try anyway!