Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

anyone else got concerns regarding (linking to this site is not allowed)'s bid to raise 200.000£ for a website construction?

if this gets heated or nasty, then im deleting the thread.

im not pointing fingers or implying anything i just logically am wondering how a website can cost 200,000? expensive ones usually cost max 5,000.
i run a very busy medjugorje site http://www.mysticpost.com

I get more traffic then they do... Mystic Post has over 30,000 Facebook followers and it get about 200,000 page views a month

My site costs $15.00 a month that goes to my hosting company. My site was built with a free Word Press theme.

Dont get me wrong I spend WAAAAAYYY to much time managing it - posting content etc...from that point of view it's expensive.If I had to pay someone to do what I do it would cost a lot. Bt then anyone who runs a website has those built in skills or they would not do it

I would like my site to make some minimal financial contributions to my household...My wife would really like that to happen.

The thing about the site we are talking about from my quick review is that they are not doing anything special that requires expensive programming etc.. They just post content not much different than other Medjugoje sites.. Almost everything they do can be done by happy volunteers...All the "expenses" they talk about are just made up.. It's a web site - that's all.

The whole thing reeks of typical Christian evangelical fund raising techniques.
I dont know this to be true, but I find it hard to believe that those photographs of the millennials sitting on the floor working on the website are actully attached to that group.