Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

If I remember correctly, the green statue story was BIG news at the time.

As for the Archbishop Hoser’s recent interview, like other prelates, he is expressing his personal opinion when speaking of the apparitions and not that of the Church. He may be close to the Pope as far as being his personal envoy to Medjugorje but, as he has consistently said, he was not appointed to make judgement about the validity of the apparitions, only to report on the pastoral needs of Medjugorje.
“My mission was not to make a judgement on Medjugorje, but to evaluate whether the pastoral ministry was proper and consistent with the doctrine and teaching of the Church; and effective and well organized. I concluded that this is the case,”
Besides, it was Andrea Tornielli who broke the news about the Commission report some months ago. That was big news.

Like the green statue, Archbishop Hoser’s latest comments will fade in time. It’s what Pope Francis eventually pronounces that will be deemed most important.

The mechanics and protocol in establishing Medjugorje with papal recognition takes time. All sorts of steps have to be taken, even on a political front, hence the comment from Hoser about the Vatican Secretary of State currently dealing with the matter.

As for you claiming that the forum is irrelevant, should we understand by this that any comment you make on the forum is also irrelevant?

I posted news of the Archbishop’s interview on my website around 2:15gmt on August 18, just a couple of hours after the interview first appeared on deon.pl – and probably while you were still in dreamland. :)
Medjugorje is approved. It's done even if Pope Francis disagrees ...The Ruini commission completed their "good work" 13 of 14 voted to declare the early apparitions as authentic. Pope Francis will accept this and even if he does not Pope Francis will say it's his personal opinion and kick the can down the road for the next Pope.

We are all so accustomed to thinking that ultimately there would be some kind of negative judgment that we can not accept such good fortune.

The Catholic Church without hesitation is saying Our Lady has come to Medjugorje. Time to celebrate and tell the world what the Vatican is actually saying about Medjugorje
Medjugorje is approved. It's done even if Pope Francis disagrees
Wrong, Steve. Medjugorje is not approved by the Church, yet.

Just because the Commission may have voted in favour of the first week of apparitions, doesn’t mean all that followed is approved.

You probably don’t recall that the first commission set up by the local bishop voted against the claim of apparitions.

So first Commission said no, second commission said, we don’t know for certain, third commission never got off the ground, fourth commission and current, votes to accept only the first week of apparitions as genuine. Why not all the claims of apparitions and messages?

You also overlook that the Commission report also was subject to the authority of the CDF and we don’t know what recommendations were made by this Congregation and placed before Pope Francis.

The Holy See’s main focus is protecting Medjugorje as a place of prayer and pilgrimage with some kind of papal endorsement.
bluecross wrote:So does anyone know what happened to the “green lady” and if the statue was ever returned to Vicka’s family?
My inner struggles cause me to be overly interested in these phenomena, but unfortunately I have never been able to find updates on this story.
BC, do you have any theories on why it would all go quiet IF they did judge it to be supernatural?
Last I remember was the parish priest himself removing the statue from the house and putting it in the boot of his car to take to the parish offices. There was some talk about the statue being studied by ‘experts’ but I heard nothing more about that.

It’s akin to the ‘weeping’ resurrection bronze statue. The parish authorities have never commented, as far as I know, as what causes this.

I wonder if the mystery of the luminous statue, or even the Resurrected Christ, was ever part of the Commission study?

Anyway, who would be expert enough to judge if either phenomenon was ‘supernatural’. I can’t imagine any scientist saying so.
bluecross wrote: Anyway, who would be expert enough to judge if either phenomenon was ‘supernatural’. I can’t imagine any scientist saying so.
True, but it's easy enough for the experts to at least rule out natural causes, i.e. fluorescent paint
True, but it's easy enough for the experts to at least rule out natural causes, i.e. fluorescent paint
That’s presuming ‘experts’ were called in to analyse the statue, and even if so, the parish authorities are not obliged to report or comment on it, just as they don’t on the Risen Christ weeping phenomenon.

My guess is that they don’t take these kind of claims too seriously or choose to get involved in the numerous alleged ‘supernatural’ phenomena at Medjugorje. Even the Vatican is selective in investigating claims of the ‘supernatural’. It’s taken 36 years to get this far as to a possible decision on what happened at Medjugorje at the outset.
Come on BC. I read a long time ago that the statue just had luminous paint much the same as the luminous beads they used to sell there. ( I bought 100 while I was there. Still have worn one missing a bead or two). People just got a bit carried away with the statue so the statue got carried away. There were no claims made of a supernatural event.
And that's awesome that the commission voted in favour of the reality of Medjugorje in the early days. With the rest to follow soon I hope.
I reckon the risen Christ statue just has a hole in the top and fills up with water when it rains. Then leaks out of a pinprick hole. It would have been unintentional. It doesn't lessen any the real miracles that do happen there daily.
By MRSTOL
Dear All,
I wrote a reply last week but I guess some how some way it got deleted. I had written that in October 2014 my husband and I visited Medjugorje and had a private view of the statue in Vicka's childhood home. There as also a statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus along with a Baby Jesus in a manger. The room was in the original state. There were no lights, no apparatus nor any gadgets. We went again the next year with a group to visit the room. The room had been redone but the statues remained the same. There were no glows no lights no fixtures attached to the statue. My husband took pictures both times. Soon after we saw the green glow pictures. We read that the parish priests (before Fr. Leon) had taken the statue to the rectory to be studied. Have not heard or seen anything since that initial report. Pray to visit the room again this October on our trip to Medjugorje.
I believe something other than "paint" or "manmade" color occurred.

Faith is personal and beyond reproach.

Love in Christ,
MRSTOL
Leo, you started the thread back in September 2013 when the statue first started to glow. :)
Post subject: Breaking news. Statue glowing in Vicka's old apparition room
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:49 am

Last night, the statue in the apparition room at the blue house started glowing. It was witnessed by many people including Damir from Photo Dani. Crowds are rapidly building. We had arranged yesterday to go to pray at that room. This morning we were lucky to get in. More news later, got to get to mass. It has apparently featured on Croatian TV.

Cheers
Leo.
Sorry Mrstol I didn't realize that anybody had a personal experience with the statue. Stranger things have happened especially in Medjugorje. I had a very personal experience there that when I explain with words just does an injustice to the experience. Like you said Faith is personal and beyond reproach.
This raises for me a bit of a philosophical question that we've all encountered. If someone sees a miracle that encourages and stengthens their faith but to someone else the miracle can be explained away then is it still a miracle? The resurrection of Jesus seems to be a pretty good example.
I see miracles all the time that other people just dismiss. How many times have you been in a near miss situation where if you had been in a spot second earlier or a second sooner it might have been fatal or at least devastating. Then if you think back you remember that you were slowed up by something like missing keys or a hug goodbye from a child. These miracles amaze me. Gods timing is perfect to the millisecond. And it's not just one person he has to organize. There may be many people involved in the one occasion and he has to time them all perfectly. I love those miracles. They seem small but they must be the most difficult to create.
These strengthen my faith but to others they are just dumb luck.
By MRSTOL
Dear Thebpman,

U R absolutely right! as with the analogy saying " one man's trash is another mans treasure". I C "little" miracles around me during the day.
Sometimes "only I" C them. I share them with my husband who is a non-Catholic even believes in his innocent call to Medjuorge. I suppose humanity wants to C miracles as physiological cures such as cancer, strokes, birth disorders or other illnesses but spiritual, mental illnesses and daily life situations are also "huge" miracles to those who are effected by life's situations.

My husband, son and I have experienced many unexplainable "life situations" while and after Medjugorje but there also have been interferences by satan for which much pain and tremendous faith is required. A profound miracle is that my husband continues to travel with me to Medjugorge and Rome, Italy. He went thru 6 Holy Doors last year along with seeing the Pope 3 times( he went to El Paso Tx with me) despite being a non-catholic. He stated " I have seen the Pope 3 times while Catholics have never seen him".

My point is for all to treasure your everyday miracles despite other's doubt.

Love in Christ,
MRSTOL
Some choose and are able to see God’s presence in all things. This is a special grace.

The answer to why something is unexplainable at a particular time is usually better understood further down the line. No experience is wasted. They are simply God’s moments of revelation and, in my opinion, answered through God’s presence in others.

For example, I was in hospital recenly for surgery. I should have been back home within three days. However, I was kept in for further observation for another week. At the time, I knew the medical reason why this happened. But had I been discharged after three days I would not have had the opportunity to meet a priest and a seminarian who came to see me and ask me to pray for two very special intentions. So now I have made a lifelong commitment (what’s left of it) to pray daily for these intentions.

Miraculous? Not as I understand what a miracle to be but, nevertheless, I’m blessed to realise that God also had a purpose for me being kept in hospital, and not just for observation by medics. As it turned out, I could have been home after three days. The observations showed nothing untoward following my surgery.

I learnt long ago that God constantly reveals himself to each of us, and there is always more to come. While we may be in a hurry and keen to get on with our lives and worldly commitments, God will often place us in situations where our life is put on hold, simply because he wants our attention and has special graces he wants to bestow.