Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Prodigals
I heard this story many years ago of Hasan Shushud (which Michael Brown is running again on his site) about how in 1980 the Sufi mystic foretold a coming apparation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It would be "different from all previous apparitions", it would last a long time, it would be "decisive", and peace would be the prime focus of Mary's message.

So much of the detail that was in his prediction is eerily on target as it relates to the details of the Medjugorje apparitions, and these points could be discussed endlessly on threads like this.

But there is one element of Shushud's prediction which addresses a topic that has been discussed at length recently on this site. Shushud has made the claim that it is the Catholic Church that has been entrusted with the great responsibility of accepting or rejecting Mary on behalf of all humanity.

"If, however, Rome does not meet Mary with the needed firm, truthful acceptance . . . etc", and Mary suffers rejection from Rome, then all mankind will continue to suffer ever greater tribulations as human society continues its spiral into decay.

The Church (i.e., the Vatican) according to Shushud, will be the entity that will play the decisive role in either saying yes or no to the helping Hand of Peace that God has extended to us at Medjugorje through the Mother of His Son.

If this is so, how then are we to assess our answer to God in light of the current Pontiff's opinions and comments concerning the Medjugorje phenomenon ?
By Maryh
I don't know what to make of it whatsoever Prodigals; am utterly perplexed of late.

I read this quote today: But if I were you, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him. Jb 5:8

All i can hope is that man can not stop what God has ordained. No obstacle can stand in the path of Our almighty God.
It's probably why Our Lady really encourages us all to co-operate with her, pray and become holy & determined to follow Jesus and respect and obey him more and for her plans to succeed because
everyone must have an individual responsibility to make the truth known.
God must work in a mysterious way at times.

In Knock, Ireland today; they were giving away stones with scriptural messages on it.
I didn't get to receive one; i hope to get one though but it so reminds me of Our Lady of Medjugorje's 'stones' & the pilgrimages to the various
holy mountains.
By bluecross
If this is so, how then are we to assess our answer to God in light of the current Pontiff's opinions and comments concerning the Medjugorje phenomenon
Depends if you want to be led by the words of a Pope or those claimed to be by a Muslim Sufti who died in 1988.

Check out the source of the article, Inger Jensen, and see what her agenda is and the mixed bag of mystics and prophecy on her website Association Prophecy, profeti.dk

It doesn’t look as if the website has been active for quite some time.

Why was she interviewing a Muslim Suftu a year before the apparitions began?

Consider also that a ‘truthful acceptance’ may not be the verdict from Rome that some Medjugorje followers would hope for. :)

As for assessing ‘our answer to God’, there has only ever been one response required, the same answer Mary gave. ‘Yes’.

Journalist Jakob Marschner, who occasionally contributed to the forum, first travelled to Medjugorje in 1999 with Inger Jensen.

--------

MaryH wrote:
In Knock, Ireland today; they were giving away stones with scriptural messages on it. I didn't get to receive one; i hope to get one though but it so reminds me of Our Lady of Medjugorje's 'stones' & the pilgrimages to the various holy mountains.
Scripture on stones... Jesus answered, “I tell you, if these [his disciples] keep silence the stones will cry out.” (Luke 19 : 40)

This is interesting because I understand that Mary never said a word when she appeared at Knock. She remained silent. Quite a contrast to all the words she has spoken at Medjugorje.
By Maryh
I suppose my conclusion about the Muslim prediction is not to despise prophecy & to try to discern
whether whatever truth is being revealed has a straight forward interpretation & a positive message overall.

Sometimes, hidden knowledge is not always a good thing or coming from a good place.
I think there is a difference between knowledge, understanding & wisdom & sometimes
one or another is missing & it could just lead to confusion. Well it does for me.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, if the time had come for the stones to start crying out. Its a bit of a dessert these days.

Yes, this is true how Our Lady was silent at knock.
I think this is more acceptable in lots of ways because words are always open to misinterpretation.
Even exhortations and instructions could be perhaps misconstrued as bossy or demanding in some ways.
'nagging even'. Perish the thought!

Least said, soonest mended!
In my parish newsletter this week is the statement:

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue!
:lol:

Our Lady is the Queen of Peace!
Attachments
71855.jpg
71855.jpg (36.35 KiB) Viewed 4403 times
By Maryh
So i didn't get any of those stones in real life but
i stumbled across a few courtesy of google tracking!! There must have been a rugby scrum for them after all in Knock!
Delighted. :D
Attachments
12fe534dc99a0ae9656e0bc0b6b564cd.jpg
12fe534dc99a0ae9656e0bc0b6b564cd.jpg (50.17 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
46330197427f4d916159043c2ca51112.jpg
46330197427f4d916159043c2ca51112.jpg (27.71 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
032ab3f2f10f6ff6f8726766307b9eef.jpg
032ab3f2f10f6ff6f8726766307b9eef.jpg (48.41 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
By Maryh
What a lovely sign of faith to encounter.
Hope to climb that mountain myself some day.
:wink:
Attachments
4214622bdd7fc18bf5c3d39a76cfc36e.jpg
4214622bdd7fc18bf5c3d39a76cfc36e.jpg (71.42 KiB) Viewed 4310 times