Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By bluecross
I read today that the visionary Marija has confirmed what the late Fr Slavko used to say: There is nothing new in the Medjugorje messages.

Speaking to Fr Livio on Radio Maria after receiving the latest message, Marija said: “We have to bear in mind that the Virgin has said that the messages that she gives are already written in the Sacred Scripture.”

Whether Marija is speaking for all the visionaries who claim to still receive messages, or just herself, I’m not sure.
By Prodigals
bluecross wrote:There is nothing new in the Medjugorje messages.
Nothing new in the messages. That's quite true.

Being even more precise about it, there is in essence only one message that Our Lady brings, repeated over and over for the past 36 years.

The core message is that there is a God, Christ is His saving Son, and that mankind is wandering too far away from this reality and needs to wake up, have a conversion of the heart, and come back.

You can liken it to a mother who has one command for her child but must repeat it endlessly to get the child to comprehend and comply. Ivan has said this many times.
By bluecross
Can’t help feeling that we are being prepared for a time when the monthly messages from Medjugorje will cease.

For Marija to remind us publicly: “We have to bear in mind that the Virgin has said that the messages that she gives are already written in the Sacred Scripture” is for me very telling and that Our Lady’s messages cannot replace the Word of God.

We have thousands of messages given to us from Our Lady – all Scripture based according to Marija – and as some opponents like to remind us, very repetitive. As Our Lady often reminds us in her messages, she is always with us, I presume this to mean she is always with us, apparitions or not, messages or not.
By Prodigals
bluecross wrote:Can’t help feeling that we are being prepared for a time when the monthly messages from Medjugorje will cease.
How many different ways can a mother say to the children "Don't eat cookies before dinner" without repeating Herself? That's the challenge facing Our Lady for all these years. As the opponents say 'thousands of messages'; as the believers say 'one message thousands of times'.

Certainly, the message She is bringing is a perfect reflection of the Word of God in Scripture.

Surely, She is always with us - has been from Her Assumption. She has visited us many times back through the pages of history. She will always be with us, regardless of apparitions or messages. But She has said that this is the last time She will be with us "in this way", so certainly a change is coming. There is a case to me made that the visits / messages will no longer be needed once the secrets begin to unfold. Is that time coming soon?

Reading the headline in today's Express "Cloning horror: Human clone fears as Euro scientists CREATE LIFE from ‘nothing’" fuels the fire to the thought that mankind can't keep brazenly flying in the face of God.

The insanity can't go on much longer like this.
By ActionReq
Nothing new in the messages
is a confirmation of Medjugorje
messages originating from the
Holy Spirit.
Because the church rules that
revelations can't contain nothing
new that has not already been
revealed by Christ and scripture..

That is the reason why Slavko
was stressing there is nothing
new and Marija is doing the
same.

Even so as many people who
don't know this may think that
'nothing new' means they are
fake.

No fact is that this fact adds to credibility.
By bluecross
Because the church rules that
revelations can't contain nothing
new that has not already been
revealed by Christ and scripture..
Except when the time comes for Our Lady to disclose the ‘secrets’ to the world. But maybe these will be Scripture based. So if they are, can they really be considered ‘secret’?
By bluecross
I posted this piece some six years ago on my now-defunct blog.
The Blessed Mother came to Marija on September 25, 1993 and gave the visionary a message for the world. Within that message she said: “Dear children, I am your Mother and I invite you to come closer to God through prayer because only he is your peace, your Saviour...”

Our Lady appeared to Marija on May 25, 2010 to give her another message for the world. In this she said: “Little children… love God above everything and live his commandments. In this way your life will have meaning and peace will rule the earth.”

Jesus spoke to Marija on December 25, 2012 and gave her a message for the world, repeating his own words from Scripture contained in the above two messages: “I am your peace, live my commandments.”

With these words, his own words, Jesus confirms: 
He is the Message... the Message of Medjugorje!

• Simon and his companions said to him, “Everybody is looking for you.” Jesus answered, “Let us go elsewhere, to the neighbouring country towns, so that I can proclaim the message there too, because that is why I came.” (Mark 1 : 37-38)