Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By julia60
I noticed on a video recently when pilgrims were allowed to ask questions after Ivans Apparition, that one pilgrim asked Ivan how does Our Lady pray for priests, and what words does Our lady say.

Ivan answered, he did not know what words Blessed Mother used. Ivan said when Blessed Mother prays for priests, she prays over them individually and in Aramaic.

Does anyone else know any more about this. I would love to hear/read more. I wonder how Ivan knows the language is Aramaic.

God Bless

Julia60 :D
By aoise
At some point I imagine that our Holy Mother has told him that she is praying in Aramaic. I would love to know if she speaks Croatian with a middle eastern accent !
By leo daly
Interesting, I'm sure Bluecross can answer this one. My understanding was she normally prayed in Croatian. But if this was on a video with Ivan speaking, it must be true. I bet she could also do any language/accent. Though I can't imagine her saying "She'll be right mate !".

Cheers
Leo.
I would believe that when she's praying with people, as in apparitions, that she would speak their native language - and beautifully and without an accent. But I would imagine that when she's speaking or praying, not in conversation, and not necessarily to be understood by others, that she would speak her native language of Aramaic. I'm imagining it's the same language that she prayed when praying with Jesus. :D

The Apostles were given the gift of tongues - all who heard them heard their own language being spoken - so I would imagine the gift would be no less for the Mother of God. :D
By mason
Julia how did she sound when she spoke to you? watching the video of the visionaries in 1983 this you can see on You Tube watch how the visionaries are all responding individually until the end.I believe that Our blessed Mother would be speaking in pure Aramaic from Heaven.
By roses4mary
After watching the move The Passion...and the scene where Jesus is making the table and Mary calls him to come in to eat and she says his name Yeshua ...(Im not sure how to spell it)
I loved how it sounded.....so when I say the Rosary...during the Hail Mary's and I come to the part where you say "Blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus....I say Yeshua.It is very pretty. When you think of how he heard his name growing up YESHUA....it makes saying it in the Rosary more special for me. Try it....its pretty.
By julia60
Mason, I am thinking you read my post in the thread with medj-pilgrim. I described to have heard the most perfect beautiful non coloqual english, I call that the Queens english, because her Majesty the Queen of England speaks in the way I heard Blessed Mother speak, her voice tone was not the same. Blessed Mothers voice was a jentle womans voice speaking perfect english. I am an Irish person and speak english with an Irish accent; but it was not an Irish accent I heard. I used the comparison in order to be able to share as best I could the language and the only person we all know to compare to is the Queen. Hope this helps clarify.

And no, bells did not ring or angels melodious sounds accompany what I heard, simply "Mark my words England, I am coming back"