Discuss various subjects, including Church topics and world events, through the lens of Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By JD12
I went to the supermarket/mall the other day and the checkout guy didn't charge me for an item. I didn't realise until I got home. Do you think I should go back and pay for it? Its the biggest food chain in the UK.

Thanks

JD
By maryannlucy
One time when I was buying groceries, I forgot to put an item on to be scanned. I later realized it and I mailed a check to the the store for the amount of the item. God bless you for your honesty.
This happened to me too...a few times. I do go back to pay for the item. One time I called the store manager and told him I owed $1 that wasn't charged...I felt better.
Saint Faustina had said, paraphrasing, I couldn't believe even the smallest thing we'll have to account for.

Christine:)
By JD12
Thank you. Yes I went back and paid for it and felt better for doing so!. The lady at customer services was surprised. I found a ring at work today and left a note on the notice board. Do you think our good Lord is trying to tell me something? LOL

JD
By thebpman
About 15 years ago when I was recovering from a mental illness with the help of prayer and Medjugorje, ( and medication ), I was given 5 cents too much change at the post office on a Friday afternoon. I didn't realize this until I pulled the change out of my pocket later that day. 5 cents is the smallest coin we have. So me being so up tight about the smallest sin stressed about it for a whole weekend. I was stressing because even though I wanted to return it, I didn't want to get the person who served me in trouble. :lol:
So I stressed and worried and decided I should return it first thing Monday when it opened. The man behind the counter didn't even understand why I was even giving him back 5 cents. Why bother? It's hilarious how petty I was, but it was still the right thing to do. Or was it? I still don't know if it was right. I'm leaning towards it being right. :lol:
Why does God make it so hard? :D

I actually do know the answer now after 12 years in retail. Yes , return the item to the store and don't worry about getting the person behind the counter in trouble. People behind the counter make these mistakes often enough for it not to be a big issue and the shop owner or manager does appreciate your honesty