Discuss various subjects, including Church topics and world events, through the lens of Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Maryh
AnotherMe wrote:But on a wide note, are you telling me Medjugorje doesn't add confusion?
There is of course lots of drama and politics and intrigue around Medjugorje which i think its to be expected.
I suppose it depends on what aspects your focusing on as to whether it adds confusion more than anything else.

I know some people have been incredulous about the whole thing and felt no desire to ever go there.
However,
Most reports I've heard from people who have actually been there is that its a place of peace & there is a v.special atmosphere.
I think its hard to pray in places where there is no peace.
I can't do it anyway.

For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.
1 Corinthians 14:33
By athenacp
AnotherMe wrote:
Maryh wrote:
maryannlucy wrote: However, Padre Pio didn't seek out any of the mystical gifts that he had and the sweetness of some of his mystical gifts went hand in hand with the terrible suffering of other gifts like the stigmata, transverberation, etc....
Your so right Maryannlucy...this reminded me of how St. Teresa of Avila said not to ask for any extraordinary gifts from God, because
often they go 'hand in hand' & are accompanied with extraordinary trials of the soul.
God blesses us in numerous miraculous ordinary ways each day as it is without asking for & wanting more.
AnotherMe wrote: So really, where does our plumb-line of what is true and what is no begin and end?
Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:07 pm
I think its' to do with how these 'gifts' are being used and for what ends?
If they're for edification & the building up of the church its a good sign. If they are bringing nothing but confusion and being used as a means of control
and personal power & power over others; it's probably a reason to be wary. There will be bad fruit in evidence.

Hi...and good to see you both here Maryannlucy and Anotherme. :)

Good to see you too.
But on a wide note, are you telling me Medjugorje doesn't add confusion?
I do not believe that Medjurgorje adds confusion in the least bit, I still believe that remote viewing is a product of the devil, but that's my opinion
By Maryh
Doesn't it say in the bible that things like fortune telling (which is a form of remote viewing?) is an abomination?
God detests it and it is used usually for profit and as a way of gaining power over people.

Remote viewing in and of itself comes across to me as one of the creepiest things i can imagine.
Its a violation of your privacy and of your personal boundaries.

With great power comes great responsibility.
People seem to love the power,,,,the responsibility not so much!

I can only hope and pray that there are no people out there doing such things in the name of Jesus.
Pretending to possess divine abilities...when they are anything but.