Discuss various subjects, including Church topics and world events, through the lens of Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By JD12
Hi, my mum passed away last May 2019. A couple of weeks after mum passed, dad wanted to get mums Rosary that was always hanging over the bed post. To his surprise he found it like this. The bed post doesnt come apart and neither does the rosary. And my mum certainly wouldn't have taken it apart. As you can see in the picture unless we take the rosary apart we cant get it off from the bed post. What do you think?

Sorry can't upload a bigger picture. The bar from the post goes to the post at the other end. Nothing detaches.

JD
Attachments
Screenshot_20200913-223203_Photos.jpg
Mums Rosary.
Screenshot_20200913-223203_Photos.jpg (131.91 KiB) Viewed 13345 times
By Merlorrich
Hi JD,

Interesting conundrum.

Have you checked both sides of the bed post to see if they come apart ? For example what about the left-hand side ? What about the white bar; can that be detached ?

Is there a detachable part in the centre of the bed-post which comes apart ?

Maybe instead of trying to see if the bar opens you could try to see if the brass knob (on the right) can be screwed open/lifted up (or vice versa).

Being practical there must be an accessible part somewhere - so if you can't find it - maybe you can detach the bedpost in full and take it to an antiques shop because they may be familiar with such beds and know where to find the detachable part. Alternatively there may be a furniture restorer near by who can assist.

Hope you find it.

Please let us know.
By JD12
Hi, thanks for your reply. We have double checked nothing comes apart. Do you think it's a sign?
I have started praying the Rosary again. I hadn't prayed it for years.

Thanks JD
By beloved
Yes! I do think it's a sign! Glad you are praying the rosary again. I am sure your mother and our Blessed Mother Mary are very pleased too.
By Merlorrich
Hi JD,

Maybe on a profound level which I don't understand it's a sign. For example what drew you to this in the first place could be important. God works in mysterious ways and I wouldn't even try to understand. But regarding the Rosary I am not as convinced as Beloved, I still think that you are missing some part of the bed post which can be adjusted and you haven't tried all options. You may have double checked, but forgive me in thinking that you have only double checked the places you knew to check. Happy to be wrong thoughšŸ˜€

Great to hear you are back at the Rosary. These days there are great options on youtube to help recite it.
By JD12
Thanks for your help.

My dad looked all over the bed post. It doesn't come apart anywhere.

God bless

Jd