Tell us about prayers you've had answered.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By BeautifulMother
My father was diagnosed with lung cancer in late 2008. It was a shock to everyone in my family. The weekend before his surgery, we all attended Saturday night mass which was dedicated to my dad. I cannot explain the overwhelming feeling of peace in my heart during that mass, even though what my dad was facing was life-threatening and I was full of fear at the outcome. I sat through mass with tears in my eyes that gave way to openly crying during the entire time. As I watched him go up for communion I thought how handsome he is! How can he possibly be so sick? He's a deeply religious man. That night I was given a gift-a gift of knowing that things would turn out all right.

It's been over a year now and through all the treatments and recovery and prayers, my dad's doing very well. Aside from the fact that his vocal cords were damaged during the surgery and the chemo and he can barely speak above a whisper, he is in very good health and for this I am truly grateful. A couple of weeks' after his surgery, my mother and I attended a mass in which we sat next to a statue of Mary and Baby Jesus. During the mass, I asked Mary if my dad would be alright from this point forward and I heard her tell me that my father would be okay. Thank you God for this gift and thank you for helping me keep the faith in my great time of need. Prayer really does heal.
By LongHoang
First of all, thank you Lord for answering your children prayers through Virgin Mary intercession.

Thank you for sharing your stories because stories like yours do give us hope and strengthen our Catholic faith.

Glory to God and praise to our Holy Mother.

Please keep each other in our prayers