Tell us about prayers you've had answered.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

Prayer has enriched my life in ways that those who don't pray could never imagine! I really feel like I am being listened to and I will often end up in joyful tears when I feel this great swathe of love come over me, from God. I only pray that Jesus guide me always to do the right thing- I don't trust my own judgement. The only trouble is that I don't always succeed in doing what is truly loving and kind
Prayers give me the comfort and strength to go on and always bring results which in hind-sight I see is what is best for me, not always what I ask for, but always what is best for me and those I pray for.
By bmarie
I think that any study set up to find out if prayer is effective is going to be inherently flawed. Why? The studies will look for a statistically significant difference in the number of people who have a positive outcome in the "prayed for" group as compared to a "not prayed for" control group. The study will assume that everyone who is prayed for will have an increased chance of receiving that which is requested in prayer. But, the studies don't consider a few things: God answers prayer based on what is best for a person from a spiritual standpoint, not necessarily a physical standpoint. He wants to make you holy, not necessarily happy. God cares for those who are not prayed for, too. And people in the control group may possibly be "covered" by the prayers of others, maybe even strangers who they've never even met. There are probably more reasons, too, but based on those alone, I think it would be very difficult to prove the effectiveness of prayer in a way that would make the statisticians and scientists happy.

Do I think that God answers prayer? I'd have to answer in a resounding "Yes!" You'd have to read my previous posts for the details. I've had numerous personal experiences with answered prayers--several situations in which the odds were against a positive outcome, and yet everything worked out. I've also had prayers go seemingly ignored or unanswered, but sometimes you have to wait, and sometimes the reason for the unanswered prayer isn't obvious. But you have to trust that God has your best interests in mind. I'm totally and entirely convinced that God hears our prayers--each and every one of them, and that they all have an effect.
Ivan, one of the visionaries, came to New Orleans and received his vision during mass at a local church. We attended mass and then the Rosary. During the Rosary, The Blesssed Mother appeared to him. He shared the message and told us that She also said to tell us that she has received all of our petitions. While this is not my first prayer answered, it is the most recent (the other being 22 years ago, when being able to have my son). I was being sued by someone that my son was involved in an accident with. The person turned the whole thing around, obtained a lawyer(one he already had for criminal issues)for a personal injury case against me (because my son was not 21 at the time of the accident).Anyway, for two years this litigation hung over my head and I was in danger of losing my home and having wages garnished. This person sustained very minor injuries (a fractured ankle) and was released from the hospital that same day. The police at the scene also reported that it was no fault of my sons. He was not speeding and received no ticket, but the guy was stil suing us. Because it involved a pedestrian, we were probably going to lose, even though the facts were clear and the fault was on the other guy. After two years, I attended the mass a couple of months or so ago. Yesterday I received a letter from my insurance company stating that they have "disposed of the lawsuit which was filed against me." In my petition I prayed that this suit be gone. Not settled, GONE. Now, two months later , it is gone. Truly another miracle in my life. Just wanted to pass it on. Pray , Pray, Pray. Honor Jesus and Mary. Thank You.
By Amdg
This may sound silly but recently i have been trying to quit smoking (i know its bad- and smelly) and have so far failed miserably! i prayed and asked to receive sufficient grace to be able to do this and to offer it up to God as a small token of conversion.
I know you shouldnt ask for a sign but i just asked if i could have some small indication that i was on the right way..
Later that day i was about to go to sleep and was praying- and then i felt the quietly firm and unmistakable knowledge of the presence of God. It was as if innerly Jesus was just simply saying, "im here." It is very difficult to describe... in a moment i felt completely reassured and full of wonder.

It is amazing that so often a prayer can be answered simply by being gifted the awareness of God's presence... right there with you-
It was as if Jesus was reminding me that his presence is enough... and that he is here.. with me-- and not--'overthere'. How amazing that Jesus is with me- here...right now.

How great that we have an 'over here' God and not an 'over there' one!
I give up tomorrow...pray for me.

Thankyou