Share your favorite prayers and your most cherished means of connecting with God, including prayers that you wrote.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

St. Teresa of Avila

Dear Jesus, Saint Teresa realized with shock and sorrow that her love for You was almost nil compared to Your great love for her. She decided to devote herself to prayer and sacrifice, and in so doing, she became a mystical contemplative. She wrote that if we fully yield our lives, "I am convinced that He never ceases bestowing His graces until He has brought us to a very high state of prayer." I ask her to intercede for my purification. O Lord, help me to let go of my will and teach me to overcome the limitations imposed by self-centeredness. Raise me to the intimate prayer of contemplation. Saint Teresa, pray for me. Amen.

__._,_.___
Prayer to Saint Teresa of Avila

Dear wonderful Saint, model of fidelity to vows, you gladly carried a heavy cross following in the steps of Christ who chose to be crucified for us. You realized that God, like a merciful Father, chastises those whom he loves - which to worldlings seems silly indeed. Grant to {name of sufferer} relief from grant pains, if this is in line with God's plans.
Prayer to St. Teresa of Avila Patroness of Religious

O Wonderful daughter of Spain, you taught us to walk the way of Christian perfection which is the Way of the Cross. You inspired innumerable men and women by your writings as well as your conduct, deserving the title of Doctor of the Church. Ever faithful to St. Peter's successors, inspire fidelity to religious vows on the part of those who have taken them and make them ever true to their vocation. Amen.