Share your favorite prayers and your most cherished means of connecting with God, including prayers that you wrote.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord Jesus, I want to hear your voice in the Scripture passage and to receive with an open heart whatever you want to tell me. I believe in you, hope in you, and love you.

God the Father, help me to be steadfast in your love.
By athenacp
Lord Jesus, I believe that you are the Son of God who came into this world to save us because you love us. Your Incarnation fills me with hope. The only response I can give is to love you with all my heart, soul, strength and mind.

Jesus, help me to learn from St. John the Baptist how to bring others to you.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord I am nothing without you in my mission. I believe that there is no difficulty in deepening my union with you that cannot be overcome. I want to know and see with greater clarity that your hand moves mine. You make possible what would otherwise be impossible.

Lord, increase my confidence and dependence on you.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, I see in you how to live life with the Spirit as my foundation, as the rock that permits me to walk through any troubled moment with peace and joyful abandonment to your will. Gratefully I put all my trust in you and offer all my meager love in return.

Lord, grant me the grace not only to know, but to live your presence as the one and only foundation of my hope and happiness.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, welcome into the temple of my soul. I know that you will root up and tear down, heal and sanctify, making there a holy and righteous place that has always been intended for you. Only you have the power to unlock the sanctuary of my heart; only you build what will last forever. I trustfully open my entire self to you now, so that your words can shape my thoughts, so that your love can penetrate my heart, so that no disorder of soul may remain in me.

Lord, grant me a greater reverence for you.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, I approach you today with a heart as humble as this leper’s, who can claim no beauty apart from what you can give him. My willful defects have disfigured your plan for me, and I seek from you today the power to make all my works and words clean. I hope in you and trust in your infinite mercy.

Lord, grant me an unshakeable confidence in your infinite mercy.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Almighty and eternal God, you are high above us in the heavens, and yet you are so near to me. I know that you love me infinitely. I rest in your love; I find my strength and hope in you alone. Thank you for loving me despite my sinfulness and complete unworthiness. In return, I offer you my whole self, along with my intense desire to put you first in my life.

Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart more like yours.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, in spite of so many efforts, my self-love and vanity cloud my intentions, reducing the merit of my labors for you. Therefore I come before you empty-handed. Nevertheless, I’m confident in your forgiveness, knowing that you are pleased to refresh and renew me as often as I turn back to you with hope. I love you ardently, good Jesus, and long to love you ever more.

Lord, help me to practice true humility.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, I thank you for this time to be with you. I don’t deserve your close friendship, and yet you offer me the intimacy of your heart. I trust in your goodness and hope in your infinite mercy. I love you and wish to give up anything that would keep me from you.

Lord, give me compunction of heart and the grace of a true conversion.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, I long to put you first in my life. It is easy to get caught up in daily activities. But you are not just another activity: you are my Lord and my God. I do believe in you, but I know that I need to believe in you more strongly. I do love you, but I must still strive to love you more than I love myself and my plans. I wish to offer you the best of myself right now in this time of conversation with you.

Lord, may I understand that you are the truth. May I love you as Truth-made-incarnate in my heart.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, thank you for this time we will spend together. I wish to step away from the world and all its activities to be alone with you now. You are my beginning and my end: you created me, and you are leading me home to you in heaven. Thank you for your love. I know I deserve nothing from you and that my sins compound my unworthiness, yet you would still enfold me in your unfathomable love.

Lord, increase my love for prayer and the interior life.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, thank you for this time together. I need you in my life and the life of my family. It is easy to let activities overwhelm me so that I lose track of you. You fade into the distance, and sometimes sin grows closer. But I know you are always there for me with your unconditional love. Thank you. I love you and long to put you first in my life.

Lord, wash me from my sins and help me to be detached from them.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Jesus, thank you for this time to be with you. I humbly offer you my intention to set all my distractions aside so that I can encounter you, my Lord and my God. I hope in you and know that you could never let me down. I love you and long to love you with all of my strength. Aware of my misery and weakness, I trust in your mercy and love.

Lord, increase my zeal for souls.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

God our Father, in your eyes I am like a little child whom you tenderly watch over. God the Son, in your eyes I am like a poor, helpless sheep whom you gently pick up and carry when I’m worn out from my sins. God the Holy Spirit, in your eyes I am like a dry piece of wood that you wish to set ablaze with the fire of your love. Thank you, Holy Trinity, for wanting to bring me into your holy friendship. I am completely unworthy of your love but so grateful to find rest and a true home in you.

Lord, grant me a generous heart.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, I believe that before you left this earth you gave me the Eucharist for my food and Mary for my mother. I believe in your Real Presence and choose to receive you reverently and often. I trust that Mary will be there for me and accompany me in whatever I need. I love you, Lord, for giving me a mother who is so concerned about me that she is willing to do whatever is necessary to help me in my mission and vocation.

Help me, Lord, to foster a tender and personal devotion to your Mother.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Jesus, what a joy and what a gift to have this time to be alone with you! I want to know you more deeply. I want to hope in you more firmly. I want to love you with greater constancy in my daily life. Only you can give me these gifts. Only you can make me a bold and joyful apostle of your Kingdom.

Lord, help me to experience the new joy that comes from carrying the cross alongside you.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, the most important moment of my day has arrived. I am alone with you for a heart-to-heart talk. Who am I that you should want to spend this time with me; that you should want to pour yourself out to me? What a joy, what an honor, what a glory to be the follower of a king like you!

Lord, help me to pray for and serve those who persecute me and to win them over to the Gospel through love, just like you did.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, I believe in you. Thank you for the gift of faith, more precious than life itself. I hope in you. May the dark waters of doubt never break through my dike of hope. I love you. I want to let you purify me, so that my love for you may be more ardent and more courageous.

Lord, help me to bear witness to you even in adverse circumstances.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, this time of prayer should be everything for me: the moment that I long for, the food that sustains me, the comfort that strengthens me. I know that you are at work in me even when I don’t feel you and don’t even seem able to perceive your presence. I want to pray fervently and from the heart, not just with my mind.

Lord, help me to touch you in this moment of prayer. Help me to touch you in the Eucharist so that your presence will transform me.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, I renew my faith in the power of your word. I come to you today to listen to you and allow you to lead me. I renew my trust in your mercy: You are constantly looking upon me and the world with love. I want to love you in return and lead others to love you.

Fill me with the power of your good news, Lord.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Another week has passed in your company, in your service. What a joy, what an honor, what a glory to be the subject of a king like you! Lord, I know that you make all things new and that through this moment of prayer you can give me new vision of faith to see you more clearly.

Lord, help me to strive to be a source of happiness for others.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, I come to discover you more deeply today. I believe that you are really present in your word. I trust that you guide my life. I love you for taking the initiative to look for me by your Incarnation.

Lord, fill me with the joy of your presence.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer
Lord, I believe that you are the source of all goodness. I know that your goodness is both a challenge and a promise. I trust that your goodness will envelop me if I allow myself to be found by you. I love you for wanting to fight the battle against evil for my sake.
Lord, help me not to be afraid of the battle against evil.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Today I want to encounter you as a friend and brother, Lord. I believe that you want to encounter me and transform me. Thank you for working in my heart, calling me to a deeper identification with you. I trust that you will lead me along paths of growth and fruitfulness.

Lord, help me to put my will in conformity with yours.
By athenacp
Morning Prayer

Lord, I want to spend these moments close to you. I believe that you are here with me. Take over my life more and more and make it what it was meant to be. Lord, I put my trust in you.

Jesus, make the soil of my heart open to your word, so that it will bear fruit for eternal life.

__._,_.___