Share your favorite prayers and your most cherished means of connecting with God, including prayers that you wrote.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

This thread will be to post any message or part of message from Our Lady that has spurred you to prayer or reflection. Maybe it wasn't part of a message but something else regarding Medjugorje that has inspired you. Please share...please post...We are here to support each other as a community to do what Our Lady has asked us to do. She has said that we are her apostles. That is a big responsibility that She has given us. Let us encourage each other in this endeavor.
Medjugorje Message, August 2, 2011 - Apparitions to Mirjana
“Dear children; Today I call you to be born anew in prayer and through the Holy Spirit, to become a new people with my Son; a people who knows that if they have lost God, they have lost themselves; a people who knows that, with God, despite all sufferings and trials, they are secure and saved. I call you to gather into God’s family and to be strengthened with the Father’s strength. As individuals, my children, you cannot stop the evil that wants to begin to rule in this world and to destroy it. But, according to God’s will, all together, with my Son, you can change everything and heal the world. I call you to pray with all your heart for your shepherds, because my Son chose them. Thank you. ”
Message, October 25, 2016
“Dear children! Today I am calling you: pray for peace. Leave selfishness and live the messages which I am giving you. Without them, you cannot change your life. By living prayer, you will have peace. By living in peace, you will feel the need to witness, because you will discover God whom you now feel to be far away. Therefore, little children, pray, pray, pray and permit God to enter into your hearts. Return to fasting and confession so as to overcome the evil in you and around you. Thank you for having responded to my call. ”

I pondered the words 'without them, you cannot change your life' a long time because most people think they can 'change their life' by sheer willpower (at least that is what I thought and what popular culture leads a person to believe) but Our Lady is telling us that unless we live these messages and leave selfishness we won't be able to change our lives. Distilling the many messages into a short summary would be too hard but what do you think the main messages would be? anyone? anybody out there in cyber space?
Hi MaryAnnLucy!

I think the over-riding message i hear is to pray! That our co-operation & prayers are needed for our Lady's plans to
come about.
Also, to follow after Jesus & this can involve sacrifices & putting up with things we don't necessary like or understand.
I often feel encouraged that there is a greater plan at work that is bigger than all of us.

I've just seen Pope Francis latest message for lent 2017,
It reminded me of Our Lady's latest message to fight against egotism.
The lowest rung of this moral degradation is pride. The rich man dresses like a king and acts like a god, forgetting that he is merely mortal. For those corrupted by love of riches, nothing exists beyond their own ego. Those around them do not come into their line of sight. The result of attachment to money is a sort of blindness. The rich man does not see the poor man who is starving, hurting, lying at his door.
Pope Francis was talking about egotism again today!
Saying how Sin is ruining creation!

Pope Francis
However, when the human being lets himself be gripped by egoism, he ends up by ruining even the most beautiful things that were entrusted to him. And so it has happened also with Creation.
A Christian does not live outside the world; he is able to recognize in his life and in what surrounds him signs of evil, of egoism and of sin. He is supportive of those who suffer, of those who weep, of those who are marginalized, of those who feel desperate …. But, at the same time, a Christian has learned to read all this with the eyes of Easter, with the eyes of the Risen Christ.
This thread has encouraged me to find my book with Our Ladies messages.

With your own peace, I am calling you to help others to see peace and to begin to seek it.
You, Dear children, are at peace and cannot understand lack of peace.
Therefore I am calling you, by your prayer and your life to help destroy everything that is evil in people, and reveal
the deception that Satan is using.
You are to pray for truth to prevail in all hearts.

September 25, 1986.

This message reminds me of a recent one where Our Lady encourages us to expose evil.
Definitely this message encourages me to reflect. It's quite a serious one.
Thanks, Maryh. There is a great Medjugorje website where you can search for keywords and it pulls up any message with the key words. It is medjugorje.ws I looked up expose evil in it and it pulled up the November 2, 2016 message ...The united love of my apostles will live, will conquer and will expose evil. I agree it is very powerful.
I read this one today and was surprised by many aspects of this message

Medjugorje Message, April 4, 1985 - (Holy Thursday)
“Dear children! I thank you for having started to think more about God's glory in your hearts. Today is the day when I wished to stop giving the messages because some individuals did not accept me. The parish has been moved and I wish to keep on giving you messages as it has never been in history from the beginning of the world. Thank you for having responded to my call. ”

It was Our Lady's wish to continue giving messages....She almost didn't because some people didn't accept her....this apparition phenomenon is unique in history