Share your favorite prayers and your most cherished means of connecting with God, including prayers that you wrote.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By athenacp
A Short Prayer to Mary The Queen of Sorrows

MOST afflicted Mother of grace and mercy, by that great love which induced thee to assist with unshaken firmness at the foot of the Cross, at the last agony of thy beloved Son, and by all the sufferings there endured by thy virginal heart, I beseech thee to assist me with thy especial patronage at the hour of my death, that so, through thy assistance, I may die the death of the just, and come happily to enjoy in Heaven the fruit of the Wounds of Jesus my Redeemer.

Here say seven Hail Marys in memory of the Seven Dolors of the Blessed Virgin, adding after each Hail Mary the little verse:

Sancta Mater istud agas,
Crucifixi fige plagas
Cordi meo valide.

Holy Mother, pierce me through;
In my heart each wound renew,
Of my Saviour crucified.

Pius VII, by his Brief of December 1, 1816, has granted to all the faithful who, with a contrite heart, recite the seven Hail Marys with the verse above named, three hundred days' Indulgence, to be gained once a day, and to all who shall recite them daily for a month, a Plenary Indulgence. [Ibid.]
__._,_.___