Let everyone know about upcoming Marian and religious events.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By Angelica
As posted under the Medjugorje discussion topic "Reason to Hope", I thought you might want to know that on Nov. 11, 2006, our country will be consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary in Washington, DC at the Basillica. Please keep this intention in your prayers, and start up those 1st Saturday Devotions. Our country needs its mother now more than ever.
By Spera
So glad you posted that. I'm going to try to go with my kids. How exciting!
By Angelica
Spera,
If you do go please post how the event went and any important news. I would love to go and contemplated going with my dad but he thinks it will be packed. I only hope so. Hopefully, EWTN will show it on tv.
God Bless!!
By gabrielListens
That is such wonderful news!! Thank you for posting it. :D There will be new meaning to the words "God bless America".
By rogertc
How many Bishops are expected to attend?
By Spera
I tried to find out some more information about the event on the Shrine's website, but had no luck.
Last edited by Spera on Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Spera
More info (thanks to Maryschild):

Article from:

Dick Sohm, MI
Friends of Our Lady Apostolate
http://www.ourlady33.com

World Apostolate of Fatima is pleased to announce that the US Papal Nuncio, His Excellency Archbishop Pietro Sambi will be officiating the Mass for the renewal of country’s Consecration to Our Patroness, the Immaculate Conception.
All are invited to come to our nation’s Basilica, The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, in Washington , D.C. , Saturday, November 11, 2006 at twelve noon.

All bishops have been invited to participate at the Mass. However due to scheduling conflicts, the bishops may sign the Consecration prayer for their dioceses, which has been provided to them by the World Apostolate of Fatima which will be offered at the Mass. The prayer for the Consecration was composed by our bishops in 1959 at the dedication ceremony of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception whereby they consecrated the country to Our Patroness, the Immaculate Conception. However by this consecration on November 11th our country will be Consecrated to the Heart of Our Patroness which is our apostolate’s mission for world peace.