Let everyone know about upcoming Marian and religious events.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By lumen christi hs
We received the flyer for 2007 Medjugorje Conference at Notre Dame. Dates are 25-27 May. We have attended this Conference for years and have enjoyed it every time. Conference speakers this year include Father Ljubicic (OFM), Immaculee Ilibagiza, and Matthew Kelly among others.

As stated above, we have really enjoyed this Conference, and Queen of Peace Ministries does a fine job running things. We have found it convenient to stay in the Dorms on Notre Dame, as the campus is absolutely beautiful and the conference lasts weel into the evening on Friday and Saturday.

The info can be found at www.QueenofPeaceMinistries.com. The conference brochure can also be printed to include on Parish bulletin boards.

God Bless to all. Lumen
By paddy
Last edited by paddy on Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jeanub
I have never been to such an event, it sounds wonderful.

In 1995 I went on a Marian pilgrimage to France in thanksgiving for my mother's remission of cancer, and that was a fantastic experience. I became so close to our Lord and our Lady.

Any other information people could share about their experience of attending such an event or one similar would be helpful.
By liz
The two friends that I traveled to Medjugorje with this past fall are going to attend this Marian conference with me. WE are pretty excited because alot of the people on our tour were from that area and talked alot about the past conferences. We hope to reunite with some of our pilgrim friends. :D
By char
Hello,

I am going. I live in South Bend (where Notre Dame is) I went several years and have now missed several years but am going this year. I am planning to volunteer as an usher. If you volunteer, your registration is free, which helps me out. It is a beautiful experience especially for someone the would love to go to Medjugorje but just can't.

Is anyone else going?

char
I recently attended a Marian Conference in Fe. 2007 in Denver, Colorado. Mirjana Soldo was the guest speaker talking about the Queen of Peace from Medjugore. I can't tell you what a devotion I have for Mary and her Son Jesus now. My prayer life has been uped by 100 times. Anyway, is this next conference in May going to be special or what.

My question is, according to the brocure, the priest that Mirjana has selected to tell the secrets is going to be there. Are these the ten secrets about to be revealed? God Bless all.
By char
Yes, this is the priest that was selected to reveal the secrets. No, his coming to the conference does not mean he is revealing anything or that it is soon or anything like that.

In my opinion, yes, it will be a 'special' conference. I have been to the Notre Dame conference a few times and always find it so helpful in my own faith. As is always the case with me, I am in great need of some spiritual hmmm....kick in the pants? I have such a hard time feeling as if my prayers will ever be good or strong enough....focused and not distracting enough....to be listened to. I am very much looking forward to the conference, the speakers, the inspiration, and the time away from my family to help me in my spiritual growth or strength.

Do you live in the area? Will you be attending?
char
By Observer
Is this Notre Dame University in South Bend Indiana, and if it is, now much would it cost to attend?

Mike
By char
Hello,

The conference is May 25th - 27th. It begins Friday evening at 7:00 with a speaker and then with a beautiful procession to the grotto on campus by candle light. As people walk to the grotto, they are in prayer as everyone recites the rosary. It is really beautiful. It finishes for the evening after a brief talk at the grotto, speakers all day Saturday (and a mass during the day and Eucharistic Adoration and Bendiction), speakers on Sunday ending in a mass at 1:00 until 3:00.

Registration is $50 ahead of time, $60 at the door, for adults. Couples are $90 ($100 at door). Ages 12-18 are $20. Younger are $5.

Here is a website to get any other info you may want:

http://www.queenofpeaceministries.com/c ... /index.htm

If there is anything else that I can help with, please just ask. I can't compare this to other conferences as I have never had an opportunity to go elsewhere, but every one that I have attended at Notre Dame (yes in South Bend, IN) has been beautiful. The conference, people, huge 'book' store they set up, campus setting, etc., has been lovely.

I'll be there this year as an usher, I'm not sure when yet or what time my scheduled time is, but if anyone else is coming....I'd love to find a minute to put a face to your name.

char