Let everyone know about upcoming Marian and religious events.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By mariavulic
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if we will be having a visit from one of the visionaries to Australia?

Or is there any special event relating to Medjugorje scheduled for Australia.

Thankyou
Maria
By Beverley
There will be a Medjugorje conference in Melbourne September 5th and Father Don Calloway will be coming out to speak...
By karnala
That'll be great Beverley

Fr Don Calloway is a very holy priest and his conversion story is amazing! I hope and pray the youth will hear this call to conversion too, and have an opportunity to listen to him.

God bless
Karen
By Beverley
Yes I have seen his DVD and always notice him in the Chaplet of Mercy on EWTN
The venue is still being decided upon.. I think Fr Ferwerder and Fr Grace will be giving testimony.. They are lovely young Priest...
By mariavulic
Oh Thankyou Beverley,

I saw his amazing conversion story on Mary TV, he is very inspirational.

I wonder if he will be here in Sydney?

Thankyou
Maria
By Beverley
Maria if I hear he is going to Sydney I will let you know...
Alan Ames was in Sydney recently, he speaks very well of the Church and Sacraments and has a healing ministry.... you can google seach his name
By Beverley
We have a time and a place for the Medjugorje Conference.

Its September 5th at St Clements of Rome Elgan St Bulleen Victoria.
Starting with Mass at 9.15am and a wonderful programme of Priests testimonies being called through Medj.

A day of Peace , Prayer and Healing I am sure. Come all and have a Medjugorje experience in Melbourne Australia.

The flyers will be posted out to many this week.
Mir Mir Mir Beverley
By mariavulic
Thankyou Beverley
By adolfo.lay
Hi,

I am from Brisbane and would like to attend Fr Donald's conference in Melbourne on the 5th September. Can anyone tell me if I need to register beforehand?
Thanks for all your help.
God bless

Adolfo
By adolfo.lay
Hi Maria,

Just to let you know that Fr Donald will be in Sydney as a guest speaker on the 7th September at the Theology on Tap. Hope this helps. God bless

Adolfo
By Beverley
Hi NO there is no need to registar for the Medjugorje Conference in Melbourne....
It starts at 9.15am with Mass and finishes at 4.30pm..
That is wonderful for you to fly down... every blessing Beverley Ann
By adolfo.lay
Thanks Beverley for your reply.
I am so looking forward to attending his conference. I have heard so much about him and recently watched his conversation DVD. A truly inspiring Priest he is - Fr Donald. May God bless him for all his works.
May God bless you too.

With every peace and blessing,
Adolfo
By karnala
Adolfo, would that be his DVD about Divine Mercy or maybe its the Divine Mercy website I'm thinking about .... although he has launched a new website too:

http://fathercalloway.com/

Why the surfboard?

"The thing is," says Fr. Donald, "surfing has been a part of my life since I was a little boy. There was a time during my formation as a Marian when I couldn't do it because I was landlocked in my studies for 10 years, and I didn't have the opportunity. But now, I travel so much, including to a lot of places that have world-class surfing. And I do try to take some time to get out there and surf, when I can.

The website includes a photo gallery (which has some good surfing shots!).

"The point is, I think it's important to highlight this because I don't want people to think that conversion means you are no longer allowed to have fun," Fr. Donald continues. "I want people to know that it's the opposite. When a man becomes a priest, he's not becoming a robot or an angel. He's still going to be a man, and he's still going to have things that he likes to do. And for me, that passion is surfing. It brings me closer to God. It allows me to stay in physical shape. It's something that I just love to do. I think people are going to be fascinated by that."

People will also undoubtedly be fascinated by his upcoming book, in which he describes his journey from runaway teen to Marian priest.

"I think it's going to give a lot of people hope," Fr. Donald says. "I think it's going to be a great book for the youth and young adults because it's in a popular language and style. It's definitely not boring, and definitely down to earth. I think it will inspire others — people who feel lost and unloved and confused — to reach out to God and become witnesses to hope."

Father Donald has written many academic articles and is the editor of two books: The Immaculate Conception in the Life of the Church (Marian Press, 2004) and The Virgin Mary and Theology of the Body (Marian Press, 2005). He also is the author of the book Purest of All Lilies: The Virgin Mary in the Spirituality of St. Faustina (Marian Press, 2008). Father Donald is the House Superior of the Marian House of Studies in Steubenville, Ohio.
By adolfo.lay
Thanks for sharing Karnala. The DVD which I was talking about called "No turning back: Confessions of a Catholic Priest" Fr Donald Calloway. It can be obtained from The Mustard Seed Bookshop in Sydney. I think his book "No turning back: A witness to mercy" which will be released January next year is similar as his conversion DVD. Whatever it is, it is worth reading it. I am currently reading "Purest of All Lilies: The Virgin Mary in the Spirituality of St. Faustina".

Thanks also for the website. Yeah... I visited it too. It is great website. It contained a lot of information. Let us pray for Fr Donald and all other Priests who are out there. They all need our prayers. May Our Lord keep them safe and may Our Lady protect them and guide them in their Priestly Ministry.

With every peace and blessing,
Adolfo
By Beverley
Adolfo introduce yourself to me when you arrive at St Clements. Iwill be buzzing around helping, so you should recognize me, it will be great to meet you. Yes Fr Don is inspiring as others Priests that will be there.
By DarkTy
mariavulic wrote:Hello,

Can anyone tell me if we will be having a visit from one of the visionaries to Australia?

Or is there any special event relating to Medjugorje scheduled for Australia.

Thankyou
Maria
Beverley wrote:There will be a Medjugorje conference in Melbourne September 5th and Father Don Calloway will be coming out to speak...
It 'great, I am glad for you, :lol:
I think that the visionaries are in need of hearts and doors open.
I hope that someone is shooting video so we can see from here (Italy)
By Beverley
I am sure they will video the Day.. How blest you are to live so close to Medjugorje living in Italy.. Its so far from Australia
By adolfo.lay
Hi Beverley,

Thanks for your email. I am planning to fly down to Melbourne for that day and I will definitely introduce myself when I am there, if I get the chance to see you. Tell me, will Fr Donald be there too?
God bless

Adolfo
By Beverley
Most definetly . Fr Donald is our main speaker.... Introduce yourself for sure, I will wear a name tag for your benefit....
By adolfo.lay
Thanks :). Looking forward to attending the conference and seeing you there.
Is the conference just for the Saturday or the whole weekend?
God bless

Adolfo
By Beverley
Its just Saturday 5th September 9.15am till 4.30pm

There have been so many events in Melbourne this year.. :Praise God ,
May the Lord bring many to hear the Good News.
By mariavulic
thanks adolfo,

i will try to go to the Sydney appearance.
By Beverley
Well Adolfo you have been to the Conference and we met. How wonderful the day was. Hope you arrived home safely. You can share with the group. Good to see you Leo.
Love Beverley
By adolfo.lay
Yes, the day was wonderful and we met. Fr Donald Calloway was so awesome and his conversion story was one truly inspiration story. I am so glad that I made the trip down there and met him in person. I would have regretted though if I did not. All in all, it was worth every minute and penny of it. I arrived home safely that night and was so full of Holy spirit and excitement!
Tell me, when will the DVD of the conference be released? And is there any way which I can purchase it?
May God bless you.
Take care

Adolfo
By Beverley
HI Adolfo now I can see your face as I type, and you know what I look like..
Hold on to those graces of the Holy Spirit.

Yes the DVD will be available in October from John Canavan Divine Mercy Publications.. so you will be able to purchase it from John

In November Fra Elia will be in Sydney. Terry and I are flying up to help.
Its about 18th to 24th venues are being put in place soon.