Discuss various subjects, including Church topics and world events, through the lens of Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By maryannlucy
I think it is one of those things where you know something isn't right but for whatever reason, you are not supposed to talk about it....kind of like George Orwell's book, 1984.
By Maryh
I suppose this right to privacy is an interesting topic.
Maybe on a positive note it could make one more aware of the thoughts and preoccupations that we
spend the most time on.
Is what i'm thinking about positive and 'of the light' or is it shady and something you wouldn't want anyone
to know about?

Obviously i'd feel very distressed about all breaches and invasions of privacy especially if this information was in the hands of the unscrupulous but I'm going to choose to not
let my heart be troubled.

Fear God alone
So do not be afraid of them. For nothing is concealed that will not be uncovered, or hidden that will not be made known. What I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the housetops. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.…

In many circumstances, i definitely would say it's better for all truths to be brought to light and exposed.
By maryannlucy
You have given very wise words, Maryh. However, I think that Facebook, Google, etc are getting too invasive in their attempts to make people's lives easier. My children store their photos on a google storage cloud where they are imaged, stored and the location of the photo is pinpointed. That is too invasive for my liking, but my children don't seem to mind. One woman told us that as she walked into a department store, all of the sudden she started receiving text alerts with discount coupons from that store on her phone. Her phone knew that she was within the boundaries of the department store. Some would say that is convenience, but I would say, "no, thanks." I am a victim of identity theft and so maybe that is why I am wary of in home listening devices and all the technological innovations that seem to make life more convenient at the expense of privacy.
By Maryh
It is definitely alarming MaryAnnLucy; i do totally agree.
As a matter of fact, on more than one occasion, i received 'targeted' ads on my laptop after having just had a conversation about
something. The subject would have been quite rare and out of the ordinary and definitely not something i would have googled myself.
This is why it immediately stood out to me.
Realising this made me feel ultra paranoid; that every word i said at home; there is some listening ear observing this.
Even televisions have become too 'smart'.
There are even drones in the sky that can hoover over your house and record you and take pictures.
I find it abhorrent too...any kind of invasion of privacy. It's supposed to be against the law, but i think total disregard
for laws and decency is commonplace in this day and age.
Its enough to make me want to cut ties with all civilisation.

Then i can go down the rabbit hole and realise that
There is an unseen hidden supernatural reality too; one i'm not even aware of in my every day life.

I try not to think about it but i do realise that the occult world is also there; where people manage to obtain hidden knowledge and
information about you; for example; how fortune tellers can produce these 'facts' about you. Its as though we're all under surveillance, at ALL times.
I think that's why i thought of that bible verse; i'm not sure if i was applying it correctly or taking it out of context; but it just reminded me
of this topic; how everything will be revealed and all truths exposed in the light of God. Its scary but reassuring in lots of ways at the same time.
I imagine that if i ever get to heaven, that even one wrong thought would be immediately conspicuous for all to see.

All i can do is put my hope and trust in God; that he will overcome all these threats to our sense of security.
God is our only source of true security anyway in this dangerous world.
God is in control and whatever happens; he will help us through it, if we can turn to him.

So sorry to hear you were a victim of identity theft. Absolutely shocking that there are such sly crooks & predatory manipulators out there.
Hope you got everything resolved and didn't suffer too much loss.

Enough about all that doom and gloom; i want to wish you and anyone reading a joyful & Happy Easter!
Think its better to spend our time thinking about how glorious & mighty Our God is instead! :D