Medjugorje Forum

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:06 am 

Why is the forum not buzzing with excitement after the last message.
There are plenty of Mums (Moms) and Dads out there.
When is the ONLY time you tell a child to wait? The only time you tell a child to wait is right before the thing they want happens. How long this wait will be, I don’t know, but just that Our Lady is telling us to wait has to mean it's not far off. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:45 pm 

Well thebpman, that is an interesting prospect for sure. Let's see how it pans out.

What is the waiting for ? I too would be interested in reading what forum members have to say about that.

Quote:
"Dear children!
This is a time of grace and prayer, a time of waiting and giving. God is giving Himself to you that we may love Him above everything. Therefore, little children, open your hearts and families, so that this waiting may become prayer and love and, especially, giving.
I am with you, little children, and encourage you not to give up from what is good, because the fruits are seen and heard of afar. That is why the enemy is angry and uses everything to lead you away from prayer. Thank you for having responded to my call.
"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:46 am 

“This is a time of grace and prayer, a time of waiting and giving.”

She is referring to ADVENT… a four-week season of joyful expectation… and waiting for the birth of Christ.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:31 am 

Oh of course she is. Hopes dashed yet again. Advent. Is the end of Satan's 100 years of power ever going to end? It will happen, I'm sure of it. Just when, I have no idea. I was sold on medjugorje with the idea that the secrets would be revealed soon, that I must hurry to convert. Now 30 years later, my whole adult life it still hasn't happened. I'm feeling a bit ripped off to be honest. I look like an absolute fool, but still I'm going to keep striving to live the messages as best I can, because I have nowhere else to turn. I honestly am feeling misled or even lied to. I am so disappointed. Thanks Bluecross for pointing out what the message means.
Our Lady is appearing in Medjugorje. People who follow her messages become holy, happy people. The fruits of Medjugorje are profound.
I obviously haven't been putting enough effort into it because I am not holy or happy. I've just been waiting for an easy fix.
The prayer did save me and see me through a prolonged period of mental illness. I'm just pissed off right now because what I thought was going to be the best Christmas in history will instead be just another Christmas. Ungrateful turd, aren't I.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:46 am 

Know that whatever condition or state we find ourselves in, God loves us. It’s not a secret.

Christmas reminds us of this truth. That’s why we celebrate.

For God gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not be lost but may have eternal life. (John 3 : 16)

Advent: a time of preparation, and a time for making the ‘easy fix’ to mend our ways and reconcile with God and each other. There are great graces given through the Sacrament of Reconciliation. This is the gift mentioned in the message – “God is giving himself to you that we may love him above everything” – his great gift of mercy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:41 am 

I think I'm over my little hissy fit. :) Thanks BC.
I'm just going look at things a bit differently. I don’t even know what I'm expecting to happen.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:44 am 

I have great sympathy with 'bpman' here! I think many who have believed in Medjugorje have become a little frustrated by the time scale of everything! But if we feel we are being tested, think about those who followed Garabandal from the beginning in the 1960s! The predicted Warning was even then described as 'soon'. I remember telling my boss at work (who was an atheist) that I would become a bit worried if the secrets of Medjugorje had not started to unfurl by the year 2000!

But 'bpman' has recognised his and my error when he says "I've just been waiting for an easy fix" :) Yes, we are an ungrateful lot but the important thing is to persevere. God's timing is very different to our own but we know it is perfect so we just need to stay patient and faithful.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:35 pm 

I was wondering too when the 100 years might be up. I had thought 2017 would be the year because of the centenary since the apparitions.

I think we should probably be a little cautious about wishing things to happen soon, because any chastisement such as the three days of darkness doesn't sound great for those who haven't converted. I thank God for His mercy and patience. I hope and pray that ALL mankind will convert.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:15 am 

BC I've always believed the visionaries when they said Our Lady never brings darkness, only light. So I've been a bit confused about some of the secrets being chastisements. The three days of darkness has some very convincing visionaries supporting it ( along with a lot that aren't so convincing )
I can't see how God can separate us into sheep and goats unless it is a world wide individual revalation on how we stand with God.
Anyway, I'm not thinking about it anymore. It'll happen when it happens. I won't get excited by reading between lines in Our Lady's messages. She'll say plain as day that it's time for the secrets.
When the man who was said to be going to be healed of blindness on the day of the Garabandal sign died, it seemed like a blow for it's followers. But Our Lady said he would see it when it happened and now his blindness is definitely healed, so I don't see his death as proof of the apparitions being false.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:19 pm 

thebpman wrote:
When the man who was said to be going to be healed of blindness on the day of the Garabandal sign died, it seemed like a blow for it's followers.

Why do you doubt that it won't happen? Many people have the nearsighted belief that it had to happen while he was still among us. Conchita wrote to him saying "you shall see on the very day of the Miracle". Why can't that still happen?