Make requests for prayers here, and pray for our brothers and sisters who have posted requests. "Pray, pray, pray!"

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By Angelica
Please pray for my son Patrick. He is interested in joining the Navy however, today went to see a Marine recruiter as some of his friends set him up. I am very upset and do not want him in the Marines (nor frankly in the military for that matter). My husband and I have had so much happen in the past 6 months and this is just adding more to the situation. Please pray for a change of heart for him.

thank you
Angelica
By athenacp
I will pray!
By beloved
Praying!!!
By Angelica
Thank you for your prayers. I spoke to my son about my concerns yesterday and he seems rather adamant that he is going to join the military. My husband and I went to the Marine Recruiters office today to just get somewhat educated on things. For me it was forcing me to face my fears as well. Still don't want him there however, I need something to fill the void as well. He does have some medical issues that may preclude him so we will see. Will update you as soon as something breaks. Pray for me as well as I am terribly distraught.
By athenacp
Praying for you!
By Maryschild
Angelica,
I will pray for you and your intentions.

Sandy
By marylover
Praying for your intentions.
By Angelica
Thank you to everyone for your prayers. My son has still not changed his mind. However, I do have some information for him that may change things. Please pray for my husband, my son and I to be open to the Holy Spirit. This is not the right move for him but he does need an alternative to the military. God's will be done. Will update.
By Angelica
Thank you for your prayers. My son has not changed his mind, however, I have some information that hopefully will do so. Please pray for the Holy Spirit for us so that when the 3 of us sit down to talk, he will change his mind. Also, he needs a new direction for his life's vocation. May God's will be done.
By athenacp
Still praying!
By flsongbird
Just saw this post! Praying for your son. I hope an alternative is found that is acceptable to both you and him. As a high school teacher, I see the recruiters a lot. There are some big draws to go into the military, especially for kids who struggle academically or economically, but it is so dangerous. I know I would not want my son to join either. Please give us an update when you can!

Love and prayers,

Jenn
By comfortablesocks
Just saw this prayer request Angelica, I will pray for your son too.

Hail Mary....
St. Joseph pray for him
St. Anthony pray for him
Holy Infant Jesus, bless and protect him

Christine
By Angelica
I have an update for everyone! Nothing short of a miracle. My son announced to my husband and I he is rethinking the military!! So I now ask for prayers as to what he should be preparing for his life's vocation/work. I would really like opportunities to open up for him. He doesn't like school although he has a year of college under his belt. Many years ago, I was blessed to spnd an afternoon with Fr. Tom DiLorenzo- a very staunch Catholic priest in Boston, MA. He asked if he could hold Patrick in his arms, (my son was 4 months old). He then prayed for what seemed an eternity and he gave him back to me. I didn't have the nerve to ask what he prayed for him about but my son is truly a shepherd. He has the instinct to protect those less fortunate or are being bullied. I could go on about some awesome stories like this but for now I just ask if you can join me in praying for guidance. Thank you so much
By athenacp
Awesome news! Will pray for him to figure out what he wants to do!
By Angelica
So an update and request. Patrick has decided to apply to become a police officer. This is what he originally wanted to do before looking into the Navy and Marines. He recently took the police exam and passed. He has been applying to different departments in our state but thus far has heard nothing. Please pray for interviews/offers to do this work...God's will,of course. He's very anxious to get started... God Bless and will continue to update.
By athenacp
Praying!
By beloved
Will be keeping Patrick in my prayers
By Angelica
Just an update: at 12 pm today Patrick informed me he has a job. Now it isn't with the police department yet but it's an opportunity that has just come his way and is only for maybe 6 weeks. However, the pay is excellent. This is not the kind of job that comes down the pike too often. It is a laborer job. However, that is fine. Just want to thank you for what you have done. Still hoping for him to geo into the police academy. God Bless
By Angelica
So Patrick has 1 job and just got a call today for an interview to become a police officer. Problem is one job starts Sept 25 and goes to early November with excellent pay. The police officer interview is 9/28/15 and not sure if he can take time out from the 1st job to attend the police officer interview on 9/28/15. Anyway, grateful for your prayers. Please pray this will work out somehow. God bless you all. Will update you
By Angelica
An update: First thank you for all your prayers. They are powerful! So Patrick went to the 9/28 interview which actually was a physical fitness test and passed. He felt he came in 1st or 2nd overall. However, 9 out of 10 candidates passed. Supposedly, the police department is choosing only 1 candidate. So, today 10/1/15 he is going for an interview with the police board. Asking prayers for his guardian angel, Holy Spirit and St Michael to help him especially with the answers he gives. I have an interesting story to tell everyone which will surprise you how God acts even in circumstances and situations in our lives. I'll come back on when I have more time.

Thank you all and may God Bless you for your generosity!